Now that it's all said and done... | The Boneyard

Now that it's all said and done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you think the tournament in Hartford Met the AAC's expectations?

Reaction Score
who knows, what were the AAC's expectations? Uconn being in the championship game was the best the AAC could hope for. As for having the same electricity as what the Big East tournament was, or any of the other major conference tournaments.... no, but i'm beating a dead horse. The AAC is and will always be different. I was at the game yesterday, it didn't really seem like a tournament game any more so then a big regular season battle.

Reaction Score
Not a whole lot of natural rivals in this conference, so I think for all the AAC tourneys going forward in the foreseeable future, it's going to be up to the host team to make a run in order to give the event any juice at all in terms of filling the arena. UConn getting to the final this year vs. the regular season champ was probably the best scenario for the AAC brass.

Really miss the old BET - there was nothing like it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They are not natural rivals but I am pretty much to the hate point with SMU.

It disgusts me how SM freaking U is owning us in basketball. They even beat us in the Toilet Bowl in football! That was supposed to be one of our few wins this past year.

And the final straw was hearing their Barber Shop dressed band taunting us with NIT chants at the end.

I hate SMU.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes. I wonder what it would have been like if Easy Seat didn't be such jerk faces.

Reaction Score
It sure felt like a tournament game on TV and the result sure feels like a tournament game. lose and go home. :(

i'm talking more so about the event itself. Besides the banners of different teams, there wasnt really anything like how it was done in the Big East about coaches or players talking about what the conference meant to them,

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Why would a two year old conference mean anything to the players? Especially when half of them exhausted half of their eligibility in other conferences?

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I was at the game yesterday, it didn't really seem like a tournament game any more so then a big regular season battle.

I could not disagree with you more. The noise level never quite reached Friday or Saturday levels, but that 10 minute stretch w/o a basket took the crowd out of it a bit. If Rodney's 3 with 5 minutes left had gone down, the roof would have come off the place.

In general, these last 3 days showed what a crowd can be like when it's actually full of UConn fans, and not a bunch of suits and people there on someone else's dime.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
i'm talking more so about the event itself. Besides the banners of different teams, there wasnt really anything like how it was done in the Big East about coaches or players talking about what the conference meant to them,
Of course not, that version of Big East is like the parrot in Monty Python's pet shop, expired, gone to meet its maker, it is no more. The AAC can't get anywhere near what that league was at its peak, but if it's any comfort neither can the new version of the BE. (and the ratings should provide further comfort).

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Do you think the tournament in Hartford Met the AAC's expectations?

I think they would have liked to have seen a few more people in the building on Thursday and Friday afternoon.

I will say this. They solved the parking issues that occurred in '98 at the NCAA's. Only $10 to park in the XL, and I know folks were finding spots in the $6 lots.

Reaction Score
I think it's the best you could expect, this conference is rough and I have no idea what the attendance was for the other games but the UConn games felt like tournament games and our fans were pretty awesome. I don't want to hear anything about us having a lousy fanbase because we are actually pretty awesome. We've been dealt a ridiculous hand and hopefully that changes soon.

Reaction Score
8 fans per visiting team on average almost doubles last seasons turn out, so i'm sure they will spin it as a success. Their failure to drop ticket prices when maximum 4,000 are in the building some games needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
They pulled out all the stops with the Championship half time show. Because of that it was a success.

Reaction Score
They pulled out all the stops with the Championship half time show. Because of that it was a success.

Chinese woman on a unicycle with plates spinning on long poles?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I read the A-10 had the simon says guy Saturday.

Reaction Score
They are not natural rivals but I am pretty much to the hate point with SMU.

It disgusts me how SM freaking U is owning us in basketball. They even beat us in the Toilet Bowl in football! That was supposed to be one of our few wins this past year.

And the final straw was hearing their Barber Shop dressed band taunting us with NIT chants at the end.

I hate SMU.
When will you realize it is all on you and your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom