Now that’s how you shoot 3’s!! | The Boneyard

Now that’s how you shoot 3’s!!

Reaction Score
11/21 from three, 52%, 6 players made threes and many from deep!! This team is going to be dangerous…..opens up the inside for sure as well! Love how this team responded after being without 3 starters…..enjoyed seeing all these kids get more time and responding as well! They are only going to better as a result of playing these minutes with the injuries….And Sanogo was a beast….and Clingan shows he has ALOT of talent! And Springs showed he can play.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
People keep saying "down 3 starters" but is Johnson a starter with AJax and Hawkins playing?

Reaction Score
People keep saying "down 3 starters" but is Johnson a starter with AJax and Hawkins playing?
Yes the presumption is 1 of Newton/Diarra and Alleyne as 6th man. But Karaban was likely going to start over him prior to his ankle injury and Johnson playing well in both scrimmages. It's all moot. He's a starter caliber player in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. Karaban is way better than him. IMO Johnson shouldn't even be in the rotation.
Hurley believe in him enough that he started him game one. Yet you know more and feel he shouldn’t play at all based off 1 game?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Reality, this team is crazy deep. Johnson a starter or not is irrelevant. He’s in the rotation. BU isn't terrible and got run off the floor with UConn down 3 top of the rotation players. Calcaterra has been put down in a few threads suggesting Springs should play his minutes. They play totally different roles and all Calcaterra has to do is spell others for a few minutes here and there plus he can shoot. He doesnt need to be much more than that. I agree that Springs seems better than a bench warmer, but there are just so many minutes available and Hurley seems ready to use a lot of the team.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This team can win games if different ways. Looks like they have a good inside / outside game. They can rebound and play defense

Free throws is my only concern right now

Reaction Score
Crazy. They all look tall and athletic. Fun to watch. Using these games to gear up for the PK tournament.

Reaction Score
Johnson and Hawkins started the first game and Dre certainly would have if healthy. So yes, we were down three starters.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
If you’re the team playing us, good luck preparing a defensive strategy we’ve got everything all the time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom