Now, Can We Get Get Someone To Fly This Puppy?... | The Boneyard

Now, Can We Get Get Someone To Fly This Puppy?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Hmmm, looks like the Big East is finally on the move. Yay.

Problem is, the league could add the Packers and they'd still fail simply because the Providence Crew doesn't know enough about running big-boy CFB. They're going to need a hired hand to properly run this new 12-team doohickey or it doesn't stand a chance of succeeding. I'm hoping that the rumors of JM bringing in a seperate FB commish are true; in which case there are quite a few good candidates out there.

My personal preference is Kevin Weiberg from the PAC-12. He's run a BCS league already, plus he helped create the BTN and close that mega-TV deal for the PAC. More importantly, he knows where all the bodies are buried.

Beyond him, there are plenty of underlings at the other BCS leagues that are hungry to succed, would relish having their own gig and have much better football acumen than JM or John Paquette - just draw a name from a hat at this point. Another possible avenue: bringing in a standing non-AQ commish. How ballsy would it be to outright hire Kevin Thompson away from the MWC to run Big East FB? (Oops, I put 'Big East' and 'ballsy' in the same sentence; my bad.)

Bottom line: JM's gonna need a FB mercenary in Providence, and soon...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What are you talking about, he's already got Paul Tagliabue on the payroll! </eyeroll>

Reaction Score
Yeah, off the road and into the ditch.

Can we even convince ECU and UCF to join at this point? Has it gotten that bad or does Marinatto need to check his "Sent Items" folder in his Outlook account.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree with Ops premise more strongly.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET