November non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

November non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Ranked #22 in Class of 2023

Very interesting. Her sister Mila Reynolds plan on signing with Maryland in November. I wonder if this could be a Key, Samuelson or Gondrezick scenario where the sisters goes to different schools. Brenda I'm sure hope this is a Brionna and Stephanie Jones scenario and they go to Maryland. They also have a 6'3" class of 2025 sister name Kira Reynolds. If she continue to grow she'll be a serious recruit.

Reaction Score
Random thought: I hadn't kept tabs on NCAAW volleyball and just saw Louisville is ranked #1 over Texas now. Never remember Louisville being a power back when I used to follow Vball more.

I find it funny b/c I haven't heard Louisville linked with 2-sport star Maggie Mendelson now c/o 2022 ranked top 10 by some and #20 by ESPN. Louisville is a tricky place for bigs...Cochran is the first post player I can think of to really actually seem to thrive at Louisville. Bigs either play at best a secondary role or transfer out. Mendelson seems like she could be a better version of Shook.

Would be funny if Walz, who seems to recruit everyone and their mother, for some reason wasn't pursuing Mendelson despite seemingly having an advantage with the current #1 volleyball program to help the sales pitch. And apparently Walz was very supportive of current freshman Sydni Schetnan 6'5" from South Dakota pursuing both sports at Louisville, and Mendelson is ranked several levels higher than her.

Reaction Score
Random thought: I hadn't kept tabs on NCAAW volleyball and just saw Louisville is ranked #1 over Texas now. Never remember Louisville being a power back when I used to follow Vball more.

I find it funny b/c I haven't heard Louisville linked with 2-sport star Maggie Mendelson now c/o 2022 ranked top 10 by some and #20 by ESPN. Louisville is a tricky place for bigs...Cochran is the first post player I can think of to really actually seem to thrive at Louisville. Bigs either play at best a secondary role or transfer out. Mendelson seems like she could be a better version of Shook.

Would be funny if Walz, who seems to recruit everyone and their mother, for some reason wasn't pursuing Mendelson despite seemingly having an advantage with the current #1 volleyball program to help the sales pitch. And apparently Walz was very supportive of current freshman Sydni Schetnan 6'5" from South Dakota pursuing both sports at Louisville, and Mendelson is ranked several levels higher than her.
Many volleyball followed have Mendelson going to Texas. She decided on the reclassification shortly after visiting Texas. Texas is familiar in the reclassification process with its volleyball athletes

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They've been solid in recent years, but have taken a big leap this year. In addition to still being undefeated they have 4 wins over teams who were ranked in the Top 10 at the time, including 2 from the Big 10.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Very interesting. Her sister Mila Reynolds plan on signing with Maryland in November. I wonder if this could be a Key, Samuelson or Gondrezick scenario where the sisters goes to different schools. Brenda I'm sure hope this is a Brionna and Stephanie Jones scenario and they go to Maryland. They also have a 6'3" class of 2025 sister name Kira Reynolds. If she continue to grow she'll be a serious recruit.
Yes, this will be interesting.
  • Mila Reynolds, if my memory holds, committed pretty early in her process and it looks like Amiyah is going to do the same (in terms of early, not necessarily the Terps).
  • As you (probably) know, Washington HS in South Bend is the alma mater of one Skylar Diggins-Smith. While the Reynolds sisters (and father/coach) have been seen in ND's arena and campus (most recently in June), I give mutual interest as a "warm" at best, at least with Mila and, now, Amiyah. Kira, who is now listed as 6'4", may be another story.

In the recruiting report on the Bench, we have Amiyah listed for that visit and photo op with the coaching staff. Our in-town Benchers like Amiyah and are really high on Kira.

- Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, this will be interesting.
  • Mila Reynolds, if my memory holds, committed pretty early in her process and it looks like Amiyah is going to do the same (in terms of early, not necessarily the Terps).
  • As you (probably) know, Washington HS in South Bend is the alma mater of one Skylar Diggins-Smith. While the Reynolds sisters (and father/coach) have been seen in ND's arena and campus (most recently in June), I give mutual interest as a "warm" at best, at least with Mila and, now, Amiyah. Kira, who is now listed as 6'4", may be another story.

In the recruiting report on the Bench, we have Amiyah listed for that visit and photo op with the coaching staff. Our in-town Benchers like Amiyah and are really high on Kira.

- Stay tuned.
I would be shocked if Amiyah doesn't commit to Maryland. She and Mila have been playing together since middle school and I can't see them breaking up now. With Kira, I can see a Samuelson sisters scenario. The first two went to Stanford but KLS was #1 recruit and ended up at UConn. Kira will be very heavily recruited but she is currently playing with her two older sisters as a freshman for Washington.

Reaction Score

I thought Mississippi State was a given based on her sister transferring there. I appreciate her comments as to why Western Kentucky won out even though they were not part of her top 8.
I did, too, but you have to figure the uncertainty of the coaching situation there had to play a role.

It won't be long before Harper and Neighbors are in the top 5 of coaching tenure within the SEC!

Reaction Score

Looks like the family tradition continues @TerpWomenFan

Reaction Score
Maryland fans will be very happy with Summer. Aggressive and driven. If you haven't seen her play, she was part of Canada's U16 squad this past summer. Footage on YouTube is available.

Reaction Score
Maryland gets their 4th 2023 recruit in 6'0" Riley Nelson from Clarksburg, Md.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom