November non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

November non-UConn recruiting thread

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Massive get for Carla, espnW #46, a 5-10 guard from New Jersey:
I believe @Dillon77 is very high on her.

Completely agree. Best player on NJ's best high school team of 2019020, St. John's Vianney. Was named best player in state by nj.com (Newark Star-Ledger) as a sophomore (over players like senior Kylee Watson).
Has ability to take it to the paint, draw contact, get fouled and hit her shots. Very good athlete, to boot. Joined Philly Belles this year and played alongside 2021's Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron, along with Jersey Shore rival Justine Pissot (verbally committed to Tennessee).*

* I had initially put UNC and Courtney Banghart, which I guess had made some sense because Courtney had researched and recruited so many of these players from NJ (both the shore and elsewhere) and across the river in NY's Westchester County. Courtney eventually got a verbal commit from Destiny Adams, but had also pursued Oliva Miles, Sonia Citron & others.

SkinsHoops86 has a tweet and video on his site

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Some The Vol Nation nation fans are comparing her to EDD and Stewie.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Massive get for Carla, espnW #46, a 5-10 guard from New Jersey:
Great to see Carla getting into the recruiting win column.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I've seen Pissot a few times and absolutely love her outside stroke and pull-up jumper. Vol fans have an absolutely "money" outside shooter coming to Knoxville.

However, she doesn't have a fully developed inside game quite yet. If you combine Pissot and Destiny Adams's inside game -- who is going to UNC -- then you've got all the elements of Stewie and EDD. Adams is a great inside player and overall athlete who is working on her outside game.

Shows me just how good you have to be to merit the Stewie/EDD comparisons!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And some Vol Nation fans think Coach Jumper knows what he's talking about. ;)
Some of them are concerned about Pissott's commitment because since she isn't a consensus top 25 player and it does nothing to alleviate their angst over Kellie's ability to recruit elite talent. The other Vol Nation fans have to hype up Pissott in response to those fans.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Yea I can see that comparison.
1604356563376.png

Reaction Score
Some fans are really stupid. Rhyne Howard was ranked #32 in 2018 and she is probably the top player in the country. Who cares where they are ranked as long as they perform on the court.
I believe Hoopgurlz ranked Howard #32 but ASGR ranked her 8th.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Another top Ohio player (and a position of need) not having Ohio State in their top 10...McGuff might be McGone soon.

If Raoul’s wbblog is true (Stanford offer in September) and her gpa of 3.92 I’m surprised Stanford didn’t make her top ten, clearly geography isn’t an issue. Interestingly, Baylor only offered in October but makes the top ten for Grace.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Additional surprise of no Notre Dame either if she is high on academics.....

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Additional surprise of no Notre Dame either if she is high on academics.....
My thought too but I don’t know if Notre Dame offered. Raoul didn’t make note of an offer. Some of the Notre Dame affiliated posters may know more.

Reaction Score
There's Arizona and UCLA again. They both make a whole lot of cut lists.
Oregon does too, but that is slightly more expected. Will UCLA finally
close the deal like they did 7 years ago?

Reaction Score
Another top Ohio player (and a position of need) not having Ohio State in their top 10...McGuff might be McGone soon.

If Raoul’s wbblog is true (Stanford offer in September) and her gpa of 3.92 I’m surprised Stanford didn’t make her top ten, clearly geography isn’t an issue. Interestingly, Baylor only offered in October but makes the top ten for Grace.

One thing coming into play with Stanford is that they are going to be limited with the number of players that will be able to come in that year, particularly given that Jenna Brown seems to be out this year and likely would be staying another.

Stanford seems to be in serious contention (if not looking like favorites) for Kiki Rice, Betts, and Timea Gardiner. In addition, they are in Ashlon Jackson's top 5. I think they would take any of these players over Van Slooten. They may have some indication from some of these players that they're leanign toward Stanford but do need to wait on acceptance first. If this is the case, they may have let Van Slooten know that there won't be space for her any longer. No inside knowledge, just a hunch and throwing out a possibility.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Final 5 for Nyla Harris.

FSU
UNC
NC State
Louisville
Georgia Tech

Harris is an undersized forward, but a heck of a rebounder and athlete. Reminds me a lot of Myisha Hines-Allen.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
There's Arizona and UCLA again. They both make a whole lot of cut lists.

So does Duke...... amazing what a coaching change does.

Final 5 for Nyla Harris.

FSU
UNC
NC State
Louisville
Georgia Tech

Harris is an undersized forward, but a heck of a rebounder and athlete. Reminds me a lot of Myisha Hines-Allen.

This crap needs to stop :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom