November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

November 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you see that makes her undisciplined.
That was mainly what I saw in the NBA Jr games. After watching those games I was surprised she was ranked so high and was being highly recruited. But, she was just entering eighth grade. I said she has improved. Plus, I really don't care if she is UConn material or not. By the time she commits to whatever school I believe UConn will have the guards they want.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That was mainly what I saw in the NBA Jr games. After watching those games I was surprised she was ranked so high and was being highly recruited. But, she was just entering eighth grade. I said she has improved. Plus, I really don't care if she is UConn material or not. By the time she commits to whatever school I believe UConn will have the guards they want.

It's certainly possible they'll be stacked at guard but what if Watkins is a small forward? She reminds me in some ways of Megan Walker and Megan was not a guard at UConn.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's certainly possible they'll be stacked at guard but what if Watkins is a small forward? She reminds me in some ways of Megan Walker and Megan was not a guard at UConn.
Watching her on television she looked to be under six feet. Evidently she is taller and may still be growing. So, to be ranked so high so early in her career, (although some players have been ranked very high early in their career and then plateaued) she just may be recruited by UConn as a wing or small forward. What is the difference between a wing and a small forward?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What is the difference between a wing and a small forward?

Probably not a lot. I tend to think of a wing as more of a shooter, so someone who'd play some guard as well whereas a SF might have more off-the-dribble and more post-up in her game.

IMO, KLS was a wing and Watkins is more likely a SF, but SF rarely gets used in the women's game. I like it though.

Reaction Score
Combine report:

Caroline Ducharme ’21 (Nobles and Greenough, MA)

UCONN commit is better than advertised. A long range shooter that seems to find the bottom of the net more often than not. A fundamentally sound backcourt guard with a high basketball IQ.

Reminds me of the videos of Lou her senior year in HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom