November 11 Game at UCF--Anyone Going? | The Boneyard

November 11 Game at UCF--Anyone Going?

Reaction Score
Will be in Florida for the week, ending with this game. Anyone else going to UCF? A final warm weather game, maybe a little to cheer about.....

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Will be in Florida for the week, ending with this game. Anyone else going to UCF? A final warm weather game, maybe a little to cheer about.....
The game @ UCF is on the 11th, we play USF on the 4th @ home.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I wish I could as that would be a great trip, but alas I will be getting ready for my busy season of work.

Reaction Score
I could easily go considering the 3 hour drive from my house, but I need to see something from our defense first. We’ll see what happens against Temple and then I’ll be making the trip to CT for the the Tulsa game. If we can win those two games, then I’ll likely go to the UCF game. Based on our performance against Memphis, I’m thinking we might lose to UCF 88-21 as of this morning. Not driving to Orlando and baking in the heat for that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
God bless anyone willing to make any effort to sit through that game. Better fans than I.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What was the score when they had Bortles? Probably double that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Got to sit this one out. Heading out of state a few days before the game for work.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
God bless anyone willing to make any effort to sit through that game. Better fans than I.
I cancelled my hotel in Philly for this weekend. Now....I am trying to talk myself out of driving down for the day.
I think I have an illness.
My wife was none too happy when I told her last night I still wanted to go.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Got to sit this one out. Heading out of state a few days before the game for work.

Reaction Score
I need to see something that gives me an ounce of bope or this will be the first FL game I skip in a long time.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
yeah.....I def have an illness. Just committed to the Temple game this weekend. I may be single come Sunday morning...
Ohhh ladies......
Kidding...sort of.

Reaction Score
Bortles and company put up 62 on us. I sat through the heat for that debacle. Let's turn this boat around at Temple Saturday. Outcoach them. Outplay them. Outscore them. Rinse. Repeat.

Reaction Score
UCF has a huge designated binge drinking field outside the stadium where the students are 20,000 deep partying like late 90s spring weekend. It's wild that any school sanctions that.
I'd like to keep the nice memory of the 40-13 beating we hung on them in 2015. Not a 1000 yard career day for everyone on their team that could happen with Frost. Not a fun ride home.

UConn has a little tent with food and alcohol where the Florida player parents usually are. Solid group of fun people & alumni.

Reaction Score
UCF has a huge designated binge drinking field outside the stadium where the students are 20,000 deep partying like late 90s spring weekend. It's wild that any school sanctions that.
I'd like to keep the nice memory of the 40-13 beating we hung on them in 2015. Not a 1000 yard career day for everyone on their team that could happen with Frost. Not a fun ride home.

UConn has a little tent with food and alcohol where the Florida player parents usually are. Solid group of fun people & alumni.

I was in attendance for their last win at UCF. I sat with Max Delorenzo's parents among others as his parents got us the tickets. It was a fun one to watch because it was a beat down (40-13). The UCF student area was quite fun. I was post grad at this point. But I had no problem mingling and having a great time with tailgaters. It was a neat experience. Way better than my visit to USF and RJ stadium in the pouring rain. In the Huskies favor. MY Gf's mother has requested seats in the away section. They appear to be decent seats. I am usually a loud cheering fan. I will be there. Just wanting to cheer my home university on. Always. No negative just hoping for a UConn victory.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

2015:game on way to stadium, saw a pick up truck with a tapped keg in the bed of the truck and about 6-8 youngins' sitting on the sides of the bed passing the tap driving along Alafaya (main road off campus). Either extremely brave or they knew no chance of cops pulling them over.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like Milton is gonna have a run for 100 throw for 300 kinda day

Reaction Score

Be careful where you sit ;)UCF stadium has failing areas, report shows; some fixed, school says

>>Rather than tackling the fixes all at once, which would interrupt football practices and games, UCF is likely to undertake repairs during the off-season months of February through July, the report shows. That could take two to four years, depending on how much the school spends and whether the stadium life extends another 10 years or 20 years. The school ramped up repairs on “life-safety” hot spots two months ago but this week did not specify the areas that were fixed.<<

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Be careful where you sit ;)UCF stadium has failing areas, report shows; some fixed, school says

>>Rather than tackling the fixes all at once, which would interrupt football practices and games, UCF is likely to undertake repairs during the off-season months of February through July, the report shows. That could take two to four years, depending on how much the school spends and whether the stadium life extends another 10 years or 20 years. The school ramped up repairs on “life-safety” hot spots two months ago but this week did not specify the areas that were fixed.<<
I’m pretty sure it’s construction techniques resemble temporary structures for the Olympics or county fairs. They consider it “cool” that it bounces and sways when the crowd jumps.

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure it’s construction techniques resemble temporary structures for the Olympics or county fairs. They consider it “cool” that it bounces and sways when the crowd jumps.

Ya get what ya pay for...

>>The structure was built with affordability in mind. UCF had earlier estimated a football stadium would cost more than $100 million but came back with plans for one that was about half the cost, in 2005, when UCF President John C. Hitt said he was “incredulous that it could be done for that money.” A prefabricated system with more steel and less concrete enabled the savings.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL no wonder when it gets windy they have to cancel a month's worth of games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom