Nova loses to Furman | The Boneyard

Nova loses to Furman

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What’s the deal with 5 star JQ not playing?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I watched them play Michigan. Their offense looked worse than Cuse

Reaction Score
Nova isn’t good. Gillespie is not going to cut it as their PG. I think the kid has a bright future but now is not his time. Samuels is a year away. Plus they have no proven Center. Paschall and Booth are the only proven guys on that roster. I like our chances next month

Reaction Score
They fear his recruitment was “fishy.”
His playing time has been because he’s looked bad in practice, not recruitment related. Gillespie is not a starting PG, they need to give JQ a shot.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
His playing time has been because he’s looked bad in practice, not recruitment related. Gillespie is not a starting PG, they need to give JQ a shot.
Interesting - I spoke with one of my Villanova friends and he said people are concerned about his recruitment. Glad to see that's not the case. How does a 5* PG not play vs. Furman???

Reaction Score
Nova isn’t good. Gillespie is not going to cut it as their PG. I think the kid has a bright future but now is not his time. Samuels is a year away. Plus they have no proven Center. Paschall and Booth are the only proven guys on that roster. I like our chances next month
They have talent but they are very young. Jay Wright isn't sure what he has but by next month they will be a better team but so will we.

Reaction Score
Interesting - I spoke with one of my Villanova friends and he said people are concerned about his recruitment. Glad to see that's not the case. How does a 5* PG not play vs. Furman???
Yeah that was a mistake IMO

Reaction Score
Perhaps a system thing, as Gibbs pointed out. Also could be a case of him not practicing well. Sterling is right that Nova's a tough spot for the one and done kinds of kids because of how Jay Wright runs the program. Unless he turns into K and shifts how he constructs his overall roster, having a bunch of experienced junior and senior guards with one or two one and dones at the same position isn't going to work.

Reaction Score
We always have a spot for another jelly fam member here. Come on down JQ.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Perhaps a system thing, as Gibbs pointed out. Also could be a case of him not practicing well. Sterling is right that Nova's a tough spot for the one and done kinds of kids because of how Jay Wright runs the program. Unless he turns into K and shifts how he constructs his overall roster, having a bunch of experienced junior and senior guards with one or two one and dones at the same position isn't going to work.
I don't buy that a McDonalds All-American, who was recruited by just about everyone in the country, can't find playing time vs. Furman. Is he wearing flip flops to practice? They need him to outgrow his freshman woes to be a good team.

Reaction Score
Wright is doing just fine with how he constructs his roster.

Reaction Score
I don't buy that a McDonalds All-American, who was recruited by just about everyone in the country, can't find playing time vs. Furman. Is he wearing flip flops to practice? They need him to outgrow his freshman woes to be a good team.
We had a McDonald's all-American that didn't get many minutes an ended up transferring. It happens.

xclamations

*Raspberries*
Reaction Score
Nova shouldn't even be ranked after this week. Losing to Furman at home

Reaction Score
Not sure where UConn fits in the rankings but behind Fruit is not one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom