Nov. 10 Early signing | The Boneyard

Nov. 10 Early signing

Reaction Score
I have never kept up much with basketball signings (men or women) other than the Gamecocks.

Does it usually go pretty solid with commitments, or do flips and de-commits sometimes happen? Football recruits flip all the time. I get the feeling that WBB is quite a bit more "gentlewomanly."

Of course, we are all interested in Fudd's choice. Will her rejected suitors offer somebody else, or will they call it done? Hollingshead's choice will be interesting. Could any major player "flip" or even hesitate to sign?

Any undecided lower/unranked players of interest still undecided.

In other words. will there be any non-Fudd excitement on her Nov. 10 birthday?

Reaction Score
I have never kept up much with basketball signings (men or women) other than the Gamecocks.

Does it usually go pretty solid with commitments, or do flips and de-commits sometimes happen? Football recruits flip all the time. I get the feeling that WBB is quite a bit more "gentlewomanly."

Of course, we are all interested in Fudd's choice. Will her rejected suitors offer somebody else, or will they call it done? Hollingshead's choice will be interesting. Could any major player "flip" or even hesitate to sign?

Any undecided lower/unranked players of interest still undecided.

In other words. will there be any non-Fudd excitement on her Nov. 10 birthday?
Normally it's solid commitments. Rarely see any flips

Reaction Score
What other top players might be on the list for early signing on Nov 11

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Both are said to be considering UCLA, I'm guessing that if Fudd picks UCLA Hollingshead could also pick UCLA.
Whhhiirrr, that's a 3 thread misconduct on Go/Huskies! For shame on you suggesting such heresy this close to "she who shall not be named" birthday announcement on the 11th. It's Huskies all the way! Just ask @Magruber ... he knows ;)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Both are said to be considering UCLA, I'm guessing that if Fudd picks UCLA Hollingshead could also pick UCLA.
It's good you wrote this in the general forum. If you had raised this prospect in the Huskies forum, I think several posters' gaskets would have spontaneously blown.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
It's good you wrote this in the general forum. If you had raised this prospect in the Huskies forum, I think several posters' gaskets would have spontaneously blown.
That is true but I am still not sure why. Fudd is an exceptional player but UCONN's success will not depend on where she goes. UCONN will be a power team either way. It's silly to think otherwise if you are a UCONN fan. This "Fudd or bust" topic is way overrated when you have a couple more classes coming up that could fill the "Fudd loss" void if that actually happens.

Reaction Score
Isn't it Wednesday, November 11 ? Fall signing period has always begun on a Wednesday in the past.
1604579234234.png

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I haven't read all the different Fudd threads on here over the last few months. Is she this year's recruit who will announce LIVE on ESPN on national signing day?

Reaction Score
I haven't read all the different Fudd threads on here over the last few months. Is she this year's recruit who will announce LIVE on ESPN on national signing day?

Nah, she has been pretty low-key thus far and doesn't appear to be a "look at me" person. Probably just a tweet expressing how much she liked all four of her finalists, but committing to > > >.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Isn't it Wednesday, November 11 ? Fall signing period has always begun on a Wednesday in the past.

November 11 is the day many of her fans and followers think she will announce her reveal. :)

1604597445056.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought Azzi would be an undersized wing, but I've been seeing her listed more and more as a point guard,and it evens looks like shes running point with her AAU team a lot of the time. No way I would compare her to Moore, or Mosqueda-Lewis, I think the Smith/Lawson comparison is a little more spot on. I wonder if UCLA or Louisville has told her she could be a point guard, when you look at the ball handlers at Uconn and MD i don't think she sees herself as a point guard since both are still under consideration.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To BE CLEAR, the signing period is November 11, not the 10th...but to be fair @visitingcock has no vested interest in the "player who shall not be named" so I can understand the confusion...other than SC being bumped from the #1 recruiting class if/when the commitment occurs...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
To BE CLEAR, the signing period is November 11, not the 10th...but to be fair @visitingcock has no vested interest in the "player who shall not be named" so I can understand the confusion...other than SC being bumped from the #1 recruiting class if/when the commitment occurs...:rolleyes:

Scar will not be bumped from the Hoopgurlz #1 recruiting class - which is the one that will be discussed by ESPN's talking heads. SCar and UConn will tie under ASGR's rankings this week. It remains to be seen what will happen with the other services when they re-rank. I really don't care how we end up being ranked because there will be no real difference if UConn gets Azi. Indeed, it will be more fun for me if UConn DOES land her.

ASGR re-ranking analysis2021 class:

SCar: 40 points
Rivers #2
Johnson #4
Feagin #5
Hall #29

UConn: 40 points
Fudd #1 assumption
Deberry #3
Duchame #9
Poffenburger #27

IEach school with 3 top tens and 1 top 30. See how much fun this is. :D

You are right though, I have no vested interest in Azi's decision. I expect her to be Husky and the debate will be fun even if it is, in truth, meaningless. If she goes elsewhere, what fun is that for me?

The reality will come on the court - and I hope our series continues for at least five or six more years.

Let's try the new service, World Exposure (whoever they are):

1. Azzi Fudd | SG | St. John's College High School (VA) | 5-11 | 5 stars | Uncommitted
2. Raven Johnson | PG | Westlake High School (GA) | 5-9 | 5 stars | South Carolina
3. Olivia Miles | PG | Blair Academy (NJ) | 5-8 | 5 stars | Notre Dame
4, Saniya Rivers | SG | Ashley High School (NC) | 5-10 | 5 stars | South Carolina
5. Sania Feagin | PF | Forest Park High School (GA) | 6-4 | 5 stars | South Carolina

6. Jersey Wolfenbarger | PG| Fort Smith Northside High School (AR) | 6-5 | 5 stars | Arkansas
7. Aaliyah Moore | SF | Moore High School (OK) | 6-3 | 5 stars | Texas
8. Amari Deberry | PF | Williamsville South High School (NY) | 6-5 | 5 stars | UConn
9. Brooke Demetre | SF | Mater Dei High School (CA) | 6-3 | 5 stars | Stanford
10. Payton Verhulst | SG | Bishop Miege High School (KS) | 6-0 | 5 stars | Louisville
11. Sonia Citron | SG | Ursuline High School (NY) | 6-0 | 5 stars | Notre Dame
12. Aubryanna Hall | SG | Huber Heights Wayne High School (OH) | 6-0 | 5 stars | South Carolina
12. Okikiola Iriafen | PF | Harvard-Westlake High School (CA) | 6-3 | 5 stars | Stanford
13. Caroline Ducharme | SG | Noble and Greenough High School (MA) | 6-2 | 5 stars | UConn
14. Kayla McPherson | PG | Madison City High School (GA) | 5-7 | 5 stars | North Carolina
15. Maryam Dauda | C | Bentonville High School (AR) | 6-4 | 5 stars | Baylor
16. Saylor Poffenbarger | SG | Middleton High School (MD) | 6-1 | 5 stars | UConn

We could go on but:
The reality will come on the court - and I hope our series continues for at least five or six more years. Both schools will be loaded.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a note:

when Hoopgurlz updated, there was a lot of incredulity about Raven Johnson’s rise from about #12 to #2. Since then World Exposure also ranked her #2 and ASGR raised her to #4. Will be interesting to see what Prep Girls and Prospect Nation do with her if/when they re-rank. She and her AAU team had an excellent but shortened Summer.

to those who’ve watched the services in the past, do PG and PN perform re-rankings shortly before signing day in normal years?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom