Notre Dame... | The Boneyard

Notre Dame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting dominated early. Already down 14-0 at the 7:45 mark in the first quarter. Ohio State is instilling their will. This could get ugly.

Reaction Score
Losing Smith is gonna hurt for ND. That kid is gonna be a good NFL LB...I hope injury isn't too bad.

Reaction Score
Ohio State is the much better team but ND is decimated on defense by injuries and suspensions.

OSU would have won anyway, but ND is hard pressed to field a defense right now.

Reaction Score
It's not getting ugly. ND back within 7.

Wups. Never mind.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
CXqVvSnWwAAiPXA.png

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
A rough day for the Irish D. They hung tough though. Elliot is a great back. Was impressed with the Irish punter. He crushed some absolute bombs.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame made it a respectable game after a rough start, hard to come back from 21 points down. Ohio State really underperformed this year.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame made it a respectable game after a rough start, hard to come back from 21 points down. Ohio State really underperformed this year.

Wuh? They finished 12-1 and won The Fiesta Bowl. Their only loss was in the last second to a team that made the playoff. I'm sure they'd love to play for the title every year but so would every team in college football.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is where the B1G should be stomping up and down about tOSU being penalized for a 3 point last second loss to a playoff team late in the season in favor of the B12 "champion" who lost to a mediocre Texas team early in the season, then finished by beating 3 straight ranked teams playing with their backup QBs.

Sure, the Buckeyes looked like they had their season in cruise control for 3/4 of the season. I guess that is their penalty for not running up scores against weaker B1G and OOC teams. The Playoff Committee says margin of wins do not matter but clearly they did in this case, coupled with the timing of the losses. But comparing the two 11-1 teams, I thought OSU was the better team over OU and this weekend showed that.

Reaction Score
OSU is much better than OU, but the B12 was very whiny last year when neither Baylor or TCU got in so they gave them a handout. The B12 has been pretty much a joke in bowl season and Oregon will destroy TCU.

This is where the B1G should be stomping up and down about tOSU being penalized for a 3 point last second loss to a playoff team late in the season in favor of the B12 "champion" who lost to a mediocre Texas team early in the season, then finished by beating 3 straight ranked teams playing with their backup QBs.

Sure, the Buckeyes looked like they had their season in cruise control for 3/4 of the season. I guess that is their penalty for not running up scores against weaker B1G and OOC teams. The Playoff Committee says margin of wins do not matter but clearly they did in this case, coupled with the timing of the losses. But comparing the two 11-1 teams, I thought OSU was the better team over OU and this weekend showed that.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
OSU is much better than OU, but the B12 was very whiny last year when neither Baylor or TCU got in so they gave them a handout. The B12 has been pretty much a joke in bowl season and Oregon will destroy TCU.
Especially without Boykin. It will be ugly.

Reaction Score
Losing Smith is gonna hurt for ND. That kid is gonna be a good NFL LB...I hope injury isn't too bad.

Seen reports saying that the injury is described as "serious:"

As an aside:
darrenrovell9:40pm via TweetDeck
Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith, who suffered a knee injury today, has a $5M loss of value policy. Starts to collect $ if he slips out of 1st rd.

Reaction Score

An 8 team playoff would take care of that. 1st round higher seed's home field then continue like this years four team playoff with the New Years six bowls. Tell Army/Navy to move their annual game up a couple weeks. Not that big of a deal. They still play it as the last game of the season. That way Navy can still make a conference championship and possibly a playoff game. I know they want it to be "THE GAME" with as little TV competition on that day as possible but it's 2016, not 1916. Times change.

Reaction Score
An 8 team playoff would take care of that. 1st round higher seed's home field then continue like this years four team playoff with the New Years six bowls. Tell Army/Navy to move their annual game up a couple weeks. Not that big of a deal. They still play it as the last game of the season. That way Navy can still make a conference championship and possibly a playoff game. I know they want it to be "THE GAME" with as little TV competition on that day as possible but it's 2016, not 1916. Times change.

The academies and more importantly the soldiers and sailors playing football deserve the attention the game brings. Times may have changed but these after graduation these men will face dangers similar to the classes of 1916.

Reaction Score
Seen reports saying that the injury is described as "serious:"

As an aside:
darrenrovell9:40pm via TweetDeck
Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith, who suffered a knee injury today, has a $5M loss of value policy. Starts to collect $ if he slips out of 1st rd.

Have to believe that is one expensive policy. Who is supposed to pay for that?

I have no idea how you underwrite that risk, but I'm not an insurance guy............

Reaction Score
I think the premium gets deferred, you either pay it with draft $$ or if you collect it's deducted from benefit. I'm sure there are huge interest expenses associated with that.

Have to believe that is one expensive policy. Who is supposed to pay for that?

I have no idea how you underwrite that risk, but I'm not an insurance guy..

Reaction Score
I think the premium gets deferred, you either pay it with draft $$ or if you collect it's deducted from benefit. I'm sure there are huge interest expenses associated with that.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Reaction Score
A rough day for the Irish D. They hung tough though. Elliot is a great back. Was impressed with the Irish punter. He crushed some absolute bombs.
Only Duke losing in basketball makes a better day

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Only Duke losing in basketball makes a better day
I'm actually an Irish fan, an would actually delight in Ohio Street losing to anybody (with the possible exception of Miami).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom