OT: Notre Dame Opener v Toledo to be aired exclusively on Peacock | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame Opener v Toledo to be aired exclusively on Peacock

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Seems like a matter of time until the streaming bug gets everyone

Reaction Score
Already Domer fans are calling the sports radio channels to voice their displeasure.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame's season opener vs FSU is at &:7:30 on ABC......

Interesting to compare numbers...ABC vs streaming Toledo.

Reaction Score
If I am paying to watch and getting the absurd number of ads on a typical ND Game on NBC I am not going to be happy. If I am paying I expect far fewer ads.

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this is coming…the AAC deal was a glimpse into the future. Within a couple of years, 10 at the most, more likely sooner, most teams will be streaming most games. When ESPN is hemorrhaging viewers it can’t really go any other way.

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this is coming…the AAC deal was a glimpse into the future. Within a couple of years, 10 at the most, more likely sooner, most teams will be streaming most games. When ESPN is hemorrhaging viewers it can’t really go any other way.

and yet..2019..

• ESPN's networks increased their audience year-over-year in every category: the regular season, bowl season, the CFP Semifinals, the CFP National Championship and "College GameDay Built by The Home Depot," which delivered its most-watched season since 2015.

Reaction Score
Yes, streaming is the future. But we are not there yet, and 7MM per year is not enough to stop the bleeding that was happening with most of our sports.

Reaction Score
Who really cares. Screw ND and their football team, basketball team, baseball team………
As the Toledo-ND game runs up against UConn's game with Purdue, most UConn supporters have their priorities straight.

Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers for all the children of elderly ND fans that have to explain to peepaw or meemaw how to work a smart TV
I have Xfinity cable. Peacock, Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, ESPN3, YouTube TV,… are all available with one click. It is pretty simple.

Reaction Score
Yes, streaming is the future. But we are not there yet, and 7MM per year is not enough to stop the bleeding that was happening with most of our sports.
Agreed. But i think the direction is clear. Within 10 years we will be back to a game of the week, well a few “games of the. Week actually.” Everything else will be streaming.

Reaction Score
Sign of the times…

-> Oklahoma's home opener against Western Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 11, will kick off at 6 p.m. CT and will be made available via a pay-per-view broadcast.

The game is being televised on a pay-per-view basis because it was not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. It will be available on a dedicated pay-per-view channel on participating Oklahoma program providers, and nationwide via participating satellite and Telco distributors. Pricing will vary by distributor. Coverage begins at 5 p.m. CT with the "Sooner Sports Game Day" pregame show.

The game will also be available worldwide (including Oklahoma) on SoonerSports.tv and the official Oklahoma Sooners apps for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. The online pay-per-view price is $54.99 or can be paired with an annual subscription for $79.99. The pay-per-view broadcast is not included in the monthly subscription package. <-

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sign of the times…

-> Oklahoma's home opener against Western Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 11, will kick off at 6 p.m. CT and will be made available via a pay-per-view broadcast.

The game is being televised on a pay-per-view basis because it was not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. It will be available on a dedicated pay-per-view channel on participating Oklahoma program providers, and nationwide via participating satellite and Telco distributors. Pricing will vary by distributor. Coverage begins at 5 p.m. CT with the "Sooner Sports Game Day" pregame show.

The game will also be available worldwide (including Oklahoma) on SoonerSports.tv and the official Oklahoma Sooners apps for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. The online pay-per-view price is $54.99 or can be paired with an annual subscription for $79.99. The pay-per-view broadcast is not included in the monthly subscription package. <-
Believe the Big 12 teams all control T3 rights and as a result OU has done 1 PPV game a year on “Sooner Sports Network” which is just a partnership with Fox Sports/Bally regional networks. OU had Army and Tulane previously on PPV games and I know when NU was still in the Big 12 we would have a PPV game per year as well

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Did I read that right....$54.99 for ONE game?? Against an FCS team?!? Holy heck

Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers for all the children of elderly ND fans that have to explain to peepaw or meemaw how to work a smart TV

LOL Phil....

I can manage...with Direct TV, Comcast, Firestick (which my Samsung has made superfluous), Prime, Netflix, Acorn, BBC PBS, etc....we usually stream on the 65", I can gp through the smart hub on my Samsung, or I can mirror from my chromebook..and I am pretty damn old.

If you think about it...we are dumbed down in the later generations.

50 years ago, a car manual showed you how to adjust the valves. Today they warn you not to drink the contents of the battery.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
LOL Phil....

I can manage...with Direct TV, Comcast, Firestick (which my Samsung has made superfluous), Prime, Netflix, Acorn, BBC PBS, etc....we usually stream on the 65", I can gp through the smart hub on my Samsung, or I can mirror from my chromebook..and I am pretty damn old.

If you think about it...we are dumbed down in the later generations.

50 years ago, a car manual showed you how to adjust the valves. Today they warn you not to drink the contents of the battery.
congrats gramps

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom