Notre Dame Injury Report | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Injury Report

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

HGN

Reaction Score
I wish both players the very best healthwise.......And I hope they are fully recovered and back on the court full
speed next week. No need in risking further injury by coming back too soon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As recently as a week ago the Westbeld ankle continues to be an issue. Slow recovery from ankle injury creates uncertainty for Notre Dame forward Kathryn Westbeld

M Vaughn, freshman, reportedly injured in practice with an MRI on the way. Notre Dame freshman Vaughn misses Michigan game with injury

Reported in a brace and limping noticeably at the SC game. MRI report comes off Muffet's Bench without sourcing.

Westbeld started and played 22 minutes. Did not look great but serviceable especially on the boards. She got whacked in the eye in last night's game but I thought she returned later.

Reaction Score
I hope they are fit to play vs UConn................really won't make much of a difference if the team plays anywhere near it's potential...............should be way to much front court speed and athleticism for ND to handle............

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
When we clean their clock I want them to be playing their BEST basketball with a full complement of health, well rested players.

I appreciate the sentiment, but that ship sailed two ACL tears ago.

I'm just hoping Vaughn's injury is not of the season-ending variety.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Westbeld started and played 22 minutes. Did not look great but serviceable especially on the boards. She got whacked in the eye in last night's game but I thought she returned later.

She actually never left the game, in part because the refs took a couple of minutes to decide if the "whack" was something they wanted to call a flagrant on (they did not). By that time, Kat was fine.

MM's stated course of action was to bring Kat back on her terms...no rushing: the end game is to get stronger for the meat of the ACC schedule and the tournament(s). So, the fact that she was in starting lineup is a good sign, as is the 22 minutes. As stated on another thread, Kat does all the little things that a team needs, from rebounding and setting screens to weak-side defense. On offense, she's great at relieving pressure against the press by coming to half-court or weak pressure at the top of the key. Good decision maker.
Very glad she's back.

As for Vaughn, really crossing fingers and hoping for the best, both for her individually and the team. She's worked hard and been a very pleasant addition. Plus, as a few posters have pointed out, she adds some frontcourt agility and speed. Without it, the only tall person we have that can motor is fellow frosh Danielle Patterson and she's not really a big, but more of a traditional forward (remember them?). Plus, she's a frosh.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
FWIW: Debbie Antonelli just said, “Jackie Young can match up physically with Gabby Williams.”

Memo to ESPN:

Friends don’t let friends talk drunk.

-or-

In the latest round of layoffs, I think you missed one.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
That's now 3 Notre Dame players out for the season with ACL tears. :( Head bang

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whelp

Sorry Orangeman. I can't give a like to this. It just ain't right. Would love to have seen what she could do against UConn. Would love for both teams to be healthy. 3 ACL tears in one season. Ain't right.

Reaction Score
FWIW: Debbie Antonelli just said, “Jackie Young can match up physically with Gabby Williams.”

Memo to ESPN:

Friends don’t let friends talk drunk.

-or-

In the latest round of layoffs, I think you missed one.

Literally lol’d

Reaction Score
Memo to ESPN:

she can match up with Gabby...........at least for the first eight inches they jump off the ground...........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's now 3 Notre Dame players out for the season with ACL tears. :( Head bang

Hoping all three - Bri, Mychal and Mik -- have good recoveries. All really good young folks.
Whoa. Down to 8 scholarship players and the two walk-ons.
Ane one of those remaining posts -- Koko Nelson -- missed a season herself due to a shoulder operation (I believe).

Reaction Score
You know, the "luck of the Irish" was always a sort of left handed comment. If you look at history the Irish people have not been particularly lucky. This certainly is the case with ND women basketball players. Hope they all recover fully and can play to their potential in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom