Notre Dame 2024-25 Season | The Boneyard

Notre Dame 2024-25 Season

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Olivia Miles was one of the Notre Dame players who appeared at the ACC Media Tip-Off Day (along with Hannah Hidalgo and Liatu King, along with Coach Niele Ivey, of course.)
She talked about her rehab, how she's feeling and, of course, what it will be like to play in the same backcourt as Hidalgo.

Good way to start the new season's thread about the Irish. Welcome back, 'Liv! :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I heard somewhere Koval is walking around in a boot? Is that true?
Yup.
Crickets abound in South Bend on that, so fingers are crossed that the boot is for pre-cautionary measures only.
Irish injury streak carries over from last year to this pre-season: Kylee Watson is probably out rehabbing the ACL she suffered in the play-offs; KK Bransford decided to take a redshirt year off to rehab a lower-leg injury; and, Maddy Westbeld having foot surgery a month ago. While Westbeld said she hoped to be back this season, who knows what the timeline is? And now this.

Thank the Dome, Coach Ivey recruited both Lizzie Karlen and Liatu King from the transfer portal. Very much having fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts for both Westbeld and Kate Koval.

Reaction Score
Yup.
Crickets abound in South Bend on that, so fingers are crossed that the boot is for pre-cautionary measures only.
Irish injury streak carries over from last year to this pre-season: Kylee Watson is probably out rehabbing the ACL she suffered in the play-offs; KK Bransford decided to take a redshirt year off to rehab a lower-leg injury; and, Maddy Westbeld having foot surgery a month ago. While Westbeld said she hoped to be back this season, who knows what the timeline is? And now this.

Thank the Dome, Coach Ivey recruited both Lizzie Karlen and Liatu King from the transfer portal. Very much having fingers crossed and thinking good thoughts for both Westbeld and Kate Koval.
I think Watson HAS to be out for almost the full season given ACL protocol and return is around 9-12 months.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I think Watson HAS to be out for almost the full season given ACL protocol and return is around 9-12 months.
Not disagreeing with you on Watson -- I'm actually penciling her in as Koval's back-up/partner in crime for next year -- but there are those on the Bench that think she'll reappear in the winter.

More to the point, just hoping Koval's boot is precautionary (sprain? twist?). Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Not disagreeing with you on Watson -- I'm actually penciling her in as Koval's back-up/partner in crime for next year -- but there are those on the Bench that think she'll reappear in the winter.

More to the point, just hoping Koval's boot is precautionary (sprain? twist?). Stay tuned.
if Ivey does release Watson from protocol, there’s a big chance she gets injured again since she would’ve only completed half the rehab/recovery process. But she’s a smart coach, I doubt she’ll use someone who isn’t ready. In our case, Griffin got hurt in January, and doesn’t plan to be back until late January. A full year.

Koval I would hope is just a minor sprain. Looking forward to her and Jana facing off this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Koval I would hope is just a minor sprain. Looking forward to her and Jana facing off this season.
Had a similar situation at Vandy recently, and, like UConn and Notre Dame fans, Commodore fans have become ultra sensitive to the mere possibility of yet another injury. A reporter told me the young lady had felt a twinge in her ankle during practice. There was no swelling or discoloration, but in an abundance of caution, the training staff put her in a walking boot for her walks around campus to lessen the possibility of aggravating it. He said this has become a fairly common occurence with modern college athletes.

I don't know, but I suspect if Koval's injury was something to be concerned about, she would be on crutches to go along with the walking boot. I hope that's the case. I look forward to seeing how she adapts to the college game. I think she'll be a good one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom