Nothing to play for going forward but Pride. | The Boneyard

Nothing to play for going forward but Pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does this team have any left. If we are getting pummeled but the players are playing as hard as they could on every play, you applaud the effort and move forward. This team however has played hard all game in three games this year. UMD, Michigan and USF. Getting all 11 guys to play hard on every play seems like tough task at the moment.

We are officially as of today, not eligible for a bowl. We have few players leftover from the Fiesta Bowl team. Malaise seems to have sunk into this program and all I really want to see the rest of this season is the kids play hard and have pride in themselves and the men next to them. As bad as I feel for the kids on the team, they are the only ones that can do anything to help themselves.

Talk about music during warm ups and increased energy at practice are all well and good, but the results if anything, have gotten worse since P left. The last two weeks have been as bad a football as has been played at UConn in a long, long time.

Reaction Score
They've been playing for pride the last 2 weeks. Hasn't worked out too well.

Reaction Score
Does this team have any left. If we are getting pummeled but the players are playing as hard as they could on every play, you applaud the effort and move forward. This team however has played hard all game in three games this year. UMD, Michigan and USF. Getting all 11 guys to play hard on every play seems like tough task at the moment.

We are officially as of today, not eligible for a bowl. We have few players leftover from the Fiesta Bowl team. Malaise seems to have sunk into this program and all I really want to see the rest of this season is the kids play hard and have pride in themselves and the men next to them. As bad as I feel for the kids on the team, they are the only ones that can do anything to help themselves.

Talk about music during warm ups and increased energy at practice are all well and good, but the results if anything, have gotten worse since P left. The last two weeks have been as bad a football as has been played at UConn in a long, long time.
The biggest problem with P leaving was that he couldn't take about 70 players with him. There are a handful I'd keep... the rest just aren't D-1 players.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They're also playing for spots on the 2 deep in 2014. What they put on film for the rest of this season will be the only thing that the new coaching staff will be able to use to evaluate the roster until spring practice. Lots of bad first impressions being made out there.

Reaction Score
They could officially end the charade of talking about winning out and going to a bowl game and all other fluff. Play hard for yourself, and the man next to you. Play for pride. Teams are rolling you on a weekly basis. You are everybody's cup cake game. Teams do whatever the hell they want against your defense and manhandle you on offense. Central Florida could have scored 80 today if they wanted. Have some pride.
They've been playing for pride the last 2 weeks. Hasn't worked out too well.

Reaction Score
This team has no character. Watching Brown get literally run over on a play he was in a position to lay some wood says it all. Watching Smalleood go through the motions, taking bad angles, and being out of position to make plays says a lot. Watching supposed Captain Smallwood do nothing on field to rally his teammates says something too.

Reaction Score
Play out the string for pride and to develop whatever younger players that see playing time for next year & beyond. This season's been a horrific nightmare and will take some time to get the PGDL stench out of the kitchen, but hopefully the next HC that comes in will turn things around. Can't get much worse now.....can it? :confused:

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This just shows you though how badly the dilugional PP and GDL screwed up this team from a recruiting and development standpoint. These kids (a lot of them) just A.) aren't prepared to play at the FBS level and/or B.) never were worked with and developed up once in the program. Under RE (love him or hate him) how many 2 and 3 star recruits was he and that staff able to bring up and coach up over their years at UConn? A lot, and the draft list shows.

Reaction Score
This team has no character. Watching Brown get literally run over on a play he was in a position to lay some wood says it all. Watching Smalleood go through the motions, taking bad angles, and being out of position to make plays says a lot. Watching supposed Captain Smallwood do nothing on field to rally his teammates says something too.

didn't I read that smallwood declared for the draft. is it possible he's already moved on?

Reaction Score
Smallwood did not declare for the draft. It was a writer speculating that he will. He is the least of this team's problems, although he didn't have his usual great game yesterday.

Reaction Score
Smallwood did not declare for the draft. It was a writer speculating that he will. He is the least of this team's problems, although he didn't have his usual great game yesterday.
Got to disagree. it matters immensely when you're a captain and core to the D. He had a very poor game. Very disappointing to see him quit on the field.

Reaction Score
Got to disagree. it matters immensely when you're a captain and core to the D. He had a very poor game. Very disappointing to see him quit on the field.

What matters immensely? I think you are throwing around quitting a little too much. How did Smallwood quit? A poor game doesn't mean you quit. Standing around a play, jogging to a tackle, and moping around after a play shows me someone quit.

The defense as a whole had a horrible game.

Reaction Score

I really think that we are all shocked that they are worse now than before the coaching turnover.

Reaction Score
What matters immensely? I think you are throwing around quitting a little too much. How did Smallwood quit? A poor game doesn't mean you quit. Standing around a play, jogging to a tackle, and moping around after a play shows me someone quit.

The defense as a whole had a horrible game.
Yes, you're correct, but I also believe being a team captain matters. Your responsibility goes beyond doing your job. It means you accept a leadership role and with that comes a responsibility to mentor, motivate, pick people up and kick people in the rearend . You dont have 60+ thrown up against you without a fundamental mental collapse. They could have put up 80+ on us if they kept the pushing. I agree that it takes a whole team to fail that bad, but he is the on-field leader. So, thats why it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom