Nothing in Stone | The Boneyard

Nothing in Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was at my gym and noticed a guy with a Wisconsin shirt on working out. We started talking about Diamond Stone. He said Diamond was leaning towards Uconn until his girlfriend and host of family and friends begin talking him out of leaving. This guy said the entire state has pretty much treated him as a hero already making it hard for him to leave.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah we knew he wasn't coming when he didn't verbal on his official...

Reaction Score
It is not over but very unlikely. There was a 247 Maryland a few days back saying his parent's where stepping back and stone was going to talk more directly to coaches recruiting him
(not sure what that means)

C

Chief00

His first visit to UConn was great - the next one with parents not so great. So where does that leave us?
I am in the minority - I still don't think he is going to WI. I think it's berween MD and UConn. Unfortunately, sneaker schools usual win these days on one and done guys.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His first visit to UConn was great - the next one with parents not so great.

Anything you can tell us regarding what makes a visit great versus not-so-great? In general, if you would rather not give specifics.

Reaction Score
Anything you can tell us regarding what makes a visit great versus not-so-great? In general, if you would rather not give specifics.

There was some internet rumors about the visit. Not sure how much was true

Reaction Score

A great visit is when the kid verbals the day after he gets home. :)

Reaction Score
Sounds like we need to find some way of breaking him up with his girlfriend.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we need to find some way of breaking him up with his girlfriend.

Reminds me when Abu committed to NC State last year. They threw a female "guide" out there to host Abu. She "tweeted" to Abu after the visit how much she "enjoyed meeting Abu".... then soon later he committed to NC State.... maybe I'm remembering some of this wrong, but is Abu regretting it now??? Yes, my speculation.... but....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Reminds me when Abu committed to NC State last year. They threw a female "guide" out there to host Abu. She "tweeted" to Abu after the visit how much she "enjoyed meeting Abu".... then soon later he committed to NC State.... maybe I'm remembering some of this wrong, but is Abu regretting it now??? Yes, my speculation.... but....

There's more to the Abu story. NC State apparently has a very solid Muslim community, which resonated strongly with Abu on the visit. He's also picked his performance up and has worked his way into the starting lineup. He would be a great piece on this team, but I bear no ill will.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

DnO1R.AuSt.156.jpeg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Abu isn't doing that bad, he's averaging 6 and 4.5. That's like what Oriakhi (a similar prospect) averaged for us his freshmen year.

Reaction Score
There's more to the Abu story. NC State apparently has a very solid Muslim community, which resonated strongly with Abu on the visit. He's also picked his performance up and has worked his way into the starting lineup. He would be a great piece on this team, but I bear no ill will.

I'm not disagreeing entirely, but there were rumors of Abu's commitment to NC State based on that. All speculation, but.... UConn also has a Muslim community (like most public universities), which Abu had said was important to him. When he chose NC State, everyone thought it was his 4th choice. I think the "girl" had something to do with it, rather than Gottfried. Just me & my thoughts.... LOL

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing entirely, but there were rumors of Abu's commitment to NC State based on that. All speculation, but.... UConn also has a Muslim community (like most public universities), which Abu had said was important to him. When he chose NC State, everyone thought it was his 4th choice. I think the "girl" had something to do with it, rather than Gottfried. Just me & my thoughts.... LOL

I know we have one here, but it pales in comparison to the size of the one in Raleigh.

I also never tend to trust stories about girls truly affecting the recruiting process and such - they just come off as sounding like sour grapes.

Reaction Score
I know we have one here, but it pales in comparison to the size of the one in Raleigh.

I also never tend to trust stories about girls truly affecting the recruiting process and such - they just come off as sounding like sour grapes.

I'm just saying what I heard/read. Several people said there were intimate "tweets"... I could care less. Some others have said Abu was not happy at NC State his first couple of months. He's now getting more PT, so that maybe has changed things... All internet speculation. Read into it as you want.

Reaction Score
All I know regarding Abu is that there was a NCST poster on here stating that Abu's AAU coach really wanted him to go to NCST. This was weeks and/or months before he actually committed. Since there doesn't seem to be any legitimate basketball reason for picking NCST over a Florida or a UConn, I just assume some shadiness was happening.

Reaction Score
There is damn near always something shady going on. But don't tell stretchy neck that. He thinks it is all about our conference and the size of our muslim student center. Shady is the way to go.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Do NCAA sanctions mean nothing to you?

We aren't on their magic list of schools that are immune. We tried. It didn't duck*ing work. You are not a fan of a program that can get away with shady stuff. Grit your teeth, stomp your feet, throw a temper tantrum, do whatever it takes to get that into your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom