Notes from being at the game | The Boneyard

Notes from being at the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crowd:

1) Kudos to the fans who went. They brought a lot of energy, and the crowd really was trying to will the team to victory.

2) Bazz: He was given a great ovation when he was shown on the big board. Also loved the fact that he really got into the game, during crunch time when the crowd was on its feet he was also standing up and jumping as though he was in the student section.

Players:

1) Dham: First his defense he just has no real desire to play defense, he constantly leaves his man and really has a hard time stopping opponents from driving in on him. Then on offense, he is an asset when he gets the rebound and pushes the tempo, and he can be a great distributor but he is just not a very good shooter. People say he needs to get out of his slump but before todays game he was shooting 38% from the field (not very good) that is his exact shooting percentage for all of last year. Since the beginning of the season, the team is undefeated when he takes less than 10 field goal attempts in game. After 20 games into the season it no longer is just a coincidence but a reality that the team fares better when Dham shoots less.

2) Miller: Love the guy. I think he is our best offensive player. He played his heart out today, I am not sure if it got captured on video but there was several times that Miller fell to the ground by giving it his all by flying in for the rebounds. He grabbed 8 but went after many more. The last offensive rebound was reflection of his desire to win the game, he seemed to come out of nowhere to grab the board amongst 3 Cincy players.

3) Jalen: Good things happen when he drives to the rim, not so much when he shoots from behind the arc.

4) DHam and Gibbs with the ball in their hands with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock: ... bad things happen

Season:

Very frustrating. This team plays great defense (except for Dham) and when Amida gets back they will be an even stronger defensive unit; they really are playing championship level defense. The offense only needs to be decent for us to win any game, but many times we play very poorly on the offensive end.

I still have hope only because SMU is not in the AAC tournament and all the other AAC teams are beatable, we don't need to win the rest of the games this season, all we need to do is win three games come AAC tournament and we are in. Given the parity in college bball this season anything can happen if we get in the big dance.

Reaction Score
Crowd:

1) Kudos to the fans who went. They brought a lot of energy, and the crowd really was trying to will the team to victory.

2) Bazz: He was given a great ovation when he was shown on the big board. Also loved the fact that he really got into the game, during crunch time when the crowd was on its feet he was also standing up and jumping as though he was in the student section.

Players:

1) Dham: First his defense he just has no real desire to play defense, he constantly leaves his man and really has a hard time stopping opponents from driving in on him. Then on offense, he is an asset when he gets the rebound and pushes the tempo, and he can be a great distributor but he is just not a very good shooter. People say he needs to get out of his slump but before todays game he was shooting 38% from the field (not very good) that is his exact shooting percentage for all of last year. Since the beginning of the season, the team is undefeated when he takes less than 10 field goal attempts in game. After 20 games into the season it no longer is just a coincidence but a reality that the team fares better when Dham shoots less.

2) Miller: Love the guy. I think he is our best offensive player. He played his heart out today, I am not sure if it got captured on video but there was several times that Miller fell to the ground by giving it his all by flying in for the rebounds. He grabbed 8 but went after many more. The last offensive rebound was reflection of his desire to win the game, he seemed to come out of nowhere to grab the board amongst 3 Cincy players.

3) Jalen: Good things happen when he drives to the rim, not so much when he shoots from behind the arc.

4) DHam and Gibbs with the ball in their hands with less than 10 seconds on the shot clock: ... bad things happen

Season:

Very frustrating. This team plays great defense (except for Dham) and when Amida gets back they will be an even stronger defensive unit; they really are playing championship level defense. The offense only needs to be decent for us to win any game, but many times we play very poorly on the offensive end.

I still have hope only because SMU is not in the AAC tournament and all the other AAC teams are beatable, we don't need to win the rest of the games this season, all we need to do is win three games come AAC tournament and we are in. Given the parity in college bball this season anything can happen if we get in the big dance.
I wasn't at the game but I do disagree with this. DHAM plays some great help defense on drivers and big guys. He might not be the best guy keeping his man in front of him(even JA and RP have trouble with this at times) but he is playing pretty hard on defense.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Agreed about Jalen. His main problem involves poor-decision making with the ball in his hands, however I'm not too concerned about that as that will iron out with experience.
What I'd love to see is Shabazz come back over the summer and work with Jalen on creating his own shot. He needs to be practicing hundreds of shots from around the top of the key every day- crossover-step back, pull up, catch-and shoot.

It's truly a shame, this team's at-times-stifling defense is going to waste. You are right, this defense could win a championship, esp with Brimah. If we had a clue in half-court offense, we'd have a special team here...

Reaction Score
It's truly a shame, this team's at-times-stifling defense is going to waste. You are right, this defense could win a championship, esp with Brimah. If we had a clue in half-court offense, we'd have a special team here...

Exactly.

Reaction Score
I noticed Brian O'Connell was working the game tonight. My first thought was that I hope BigErn has a courtside seat for this one.

Ollie went after him a few times.

Reaction Score

As a former NBA point guard, having played under many good-to-HOF coaches, offensive design and creativity was supposed to be KO's forte. What happened?

Reaction Score
Did Baz give a pep talk?
They don't need a pep talk they need him yelling and his foot up their arse:

593aa29f6af813e5f3e87697443d6b31.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They don't need a pep talk they need him yelling and his foot up their arse:

593aa29f6af813e5f3e87697443d6b31.jpg

This picture tells the whole story
Have we seen one-just one-UConn player display this much emotion and leadership with the ball in their hands this year?
I sure haven't
THERE IS NO LEADER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member