Note on the crowd for ECU game | The Boneyard

Note on the crowd for ECU game

Reaction Score
So I went to the game today, and I was actually surprised by the solid turnout for a game on Super Bowl Sunday, and the fact it was against weak competition. I don't know what the final attendance number was, but I would have guessed there was at least 8k.

Given the weak competition the crowd was fairly lively most of the game. If UConn had a better record going into the game, we would have a couple more thousand fans at the game.

I think the UConn fan base is just itching for the program to get back to where it was and should be so that they can come fill the venues again. Attendance has increased from last year, and if we finish the season on a strong note and potentially make a run in the NIT, I think we will see even better attendance numbers next year due to increased expectations.

An increase in attendance and fan enthusiasm are key steps in bringing UConn back to where it should be.

Reaction Score
They did have that nice promotion of 4 tickets for 20 dollars for this game. I am guessing that's where the vast majority if not all of seats in the uppers behind the basket were from. That being said that was a great promotion. Now a ticket, a rose. And a chocolate for the valentine's day game is another story.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The crowd versus ECU was better than it has been the past few years. The state needs to do some serious upgrading to help UConn attract more fans though.

1) Get wi fi into the XL center asap!! Unless you watched Jalen and Hurley you would not have known what occurred and why he never went back into the game.

2) More replays on the scoreboard. Not enough- should grab the feed from TV with all the different angles.

3) Stop playing the music when UConn is about to inbounds the ball. Do that to the opponent, not our own team!!!

For what UConn has to pay the state for playing at the XL - at least get the basics so a fan doesn't say- For $30+ a ticket(season tix) can I have some of the things I can have sitting at home?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There were more people than I expected ( I thought we’d see 5 or 6000). Maybe 60 students including pep band though. Really glad that Josh got the big ovation.

Can we stop the Moes human burrito already? It’s a disaster. Maybe it’s funny to watch if you go to one game a year but yesterday was my 5th and it’s more stale than an actual Moes tortilla.

The Johnny McEntee challenge was kinda neat.

It’s insane that in 2019 I can’t access the internet in the XL Center.

Reaction Score
The crowd versus ECU was better than it has been the past few years. The state needs to do some serious upgrading to help UConn attract more fans though.

1) Get wi fi into the XL center asap!! Unless you watched Jalen and Hurley you would not have known what occurred and why he never went back into the game.

2) More replays on the scoreboard. Not enough- should grab the feed from TV with all the different angles.

3) Stop playing the music when UConn is about to inbounds the ball. Do that to the opponent, not our own team!!!

For what UConn has to pay the state for playing at the XL - at least get the basics so a fan doesn't say- For $30+ a ticket(season tix) can I have some of the things I can have sitting at home?

Disagree with #3.

You need to communicate on defense--offense *should* know what to do.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Overall, I've seen an increase in actual season ticket seat attendance and I agree that having folks in the upper tiers was nice yesterday considering that it was Super Bowl Sunday.
The noise level has been better at both home floors (wish Gampel was the only floor!)
I feel that all the rest of the home games will yield good crowds - vs last year it's a breath of fresh air

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Every game from now on should draw good crowds
Houston: Should be a top ten team by the time they stop by.
Cincy: Rival, ranked, weekend, 1999 championship celebration. Should sell out.
USF: Good team, Ray Allen number retirement. Should sell out.
Temple: Good team, senior day.

Reaction Score
For the Houston game there are going to be many free tickets given out for a season ticket holder survey. I would hope the xl center is pretty packed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom