Notable Quotables | The Boneyard

Notable Quotables

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno in video after Thursday practice. Almost Stengelsque: "It's not too late 'til it is." Talking team improvement.

Pheesa channeling Geno:
“We don’t look any more than one game in the future,” junior forward Napheesa Collier said. “That's how you start to lose and start to get sloppy, when you're not in the moment.”

Then Geno again: "Did they get the message?" Auriemma said of the players. "I don't know, for the most part, that you wake up one morning and you go, 'I got it.' It takes a little bit of time. How much time, I don't know. You always walk a fine line, I think, with freshmen." Thinking of AEH perhaps.

Geno Auriemma: 'As Long As We Keep Getting Better, We're OK'

Reaction Score
Geno in video after Thursday practice. Almost Stengelsque: "It's not too late 'til it is." Talking team improvement.

Pheesa channeling Geno:
“We don’t look any more than one game in the future,” junior forward Napheesa Collier said. “That's how you start to lose and start to get sloppy, when you're not in the moment.”

Then Geno again: "Did they get the message?" Auriemma said of the players. "I don't know, for the most part, that you wake up one morning and you go, 'I got it.' It takes a little bit of time. How much time, I don't know. You always walk a fine line, I think, with freshmen." Thinking of AEH perhaps.

Geno Auriemma: 'As Long As We Keep Getting Better, We're OK'

One of lifes most profound truism! (the highlighted above). One I now relive every new day.
It's important to grasp that brass ring on the first go around ; you may not get the second chance.he c

Geno pushes and prods physically and verbally--you have to know your audience exceptionally well: some revel in verbal challenge, some strong fade away---neither may define the great player.

Reaction Score
It's important to grasp that brass ring on the first go around ; you may not get the second chance.

Then there's Walt Disney who filed bankruptcy 7 times before he grabbed the ring!

Reaction Score
Then there's Walt Disney who filed bankruptcy 7 times before he grabbed the ring!
tHE lesson I'd like to get across to the young---unlike school--failure is a learning tool (even in school). Many successful scientists, business people and politicians (yuk) have failed multiple times before being successful.
To fail does not mean you are unintelligent, don't work hard, or shall never be successful--failure is part of life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom