Not very surprised about the start of the season | The Boneyard

Not very surprised about the start of the season

Reaction Score
I know there has been a lot of negativity on the Yard lately, for me I so much expected this start. Especially considering the big men have not developed at all, which again isn’t really surprising because each of them is brand new to the team, none of them were high end recruits or transfers, & maybe more importantly it has never been the strong suit of Ollie & this coaching staff.

When you can’t count on even one big averaging no more than 2.9 ppg and or 4.4 reb you have such a low chance of having a winning season.

Also, in today’s game you almost have to have at least one big who can shoot from the outside and we have none.

To me, you can blame the ugly start on a bunch of things, recruiting, Ollie, leadership, etc.

Comes down to the bigs are probably the worst in the nation, I’ve never seen the non impact or even the stats that backup the eye watch, bigs are just dreadful.

Looks like Josh Carlton & Diarra have the most upside, I would start developing them as much as possible.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've said all along that the team needs time to jell, and I thought they were making progress until the Auburn game. That game was just a punch to the gut, followed by a punch to the face breaking your nose and then an undefended knee kick to a slumping face. Just inexcusable, and my concern radar jumped 50%.

Is that an overreaction for one game? maybe, but I've seen this too many times now

Is there an excuse? maybe, a long flight and playing a game 36 hours later gave them a very short turn around and little time to prepare BUT they still could have played harder. We appear to be a rudderless ship out there

Can this season be salvaged? Gilbert appears to be our only hope.

I'll close with neither Larrier nor Adams is getting drafted in 2018. There are much better players than them who don't get drafted every year

Reaction Score
In regards to our pre season outlook. Remember when we were happy to have enough bodies for full 5 on 5 practice?

Reaction Score
I know there has been a lot of negativity on the Yard lately, for me I so much expected this start. Especially considering the big men have not developed at all, which again isn’t really surprising because each of them is brand new to the team, none of them were high end recruits or transfers, & maybe more importantly it has never been the strong suit of Ollie & this coaching staff.

When you can’t count on even one big averaging no more than 2.9 ppg and or 4.4 reb you have such a low chance of having a winning season.

Also, in today’s game you almost have to have at least one big who can shoot from the outside and we have none.

To me, you can blame the ugly start on a bunch of things, recruiting, Ollie, leadership, etc.

Comes down to the bigs are probably the worst in the nation, I’ve never seen the non impact or even the stats that backup the eye watch, bigs are just dreadful.

Looks like Josh Carlton & Diarra have the most upside, I would start developing them as much as possible.
You expected and are comfortable with multiple 30 point losses?

Reaction Score
You expected and are comfortable with multiple 30 point losses?
Read my post & understand it & you’ll have a better understanding with what has happen so far this season, thank you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom