Not to go all Touchdown Husky... | The Boneyard

Not to go all Touchdown Husky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I see only one course of action at this time.

1. Fire the football coaching staff and scrape up every penny in the athletic department to hire the best coach you can. Since this is a statement you may need to hold your nose and hire Petrino.

2. Go rogue and announce the school's plan to expand Rentschler to 55k.

Only a commitment to football allows an argument to run with the Big Dogs.

Clearly things turned on the Louisville invite - desperate times call for desperate measures.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. However, I am still so baffled that this is happening that I am really starting to think the B1G is calling.
How can our admins be this incompetent? Is it even possible?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm resigned to the fact that UConn either:
a) UConn doesn't care about maintaining a top flight athletic program
b) UConn doesn't understand the importance of a conference in maintaining a top flight athletic department.

We will settle for another 4-8 depressing season with no hope, just because you have to give a coach 3 years even though any reasonable person could ascertain P isn't the answer. Just because.

It honestly hurts my head so much that P and Manuel combine to make $2,200,000 a year.

Bobby Petrino will make $850,000 a year at Western Kentucky.

No leadership. No vision. No sense of what is going around them at all.

The one good thing about UConn right now is Kevin Ollie and they won't even sign him to a reasonable 3 year contract.

I realize you can't be invited to a conference without...wait for it...an invite, but that hasn't hamstrung other universities for bettering themselves while we sit back and monitor the situation.

As if you couldn't tell from all of this, I'm beyond disgusted with the state of UConn Athletics and the direction or lack there of UConn leadership has going forward.

Give me Petrino at $850,000 and HFD at $50,000 (in a padded cell with a notepad and internet connection) to be our idea guy. I absolutely guarantee you that UConn would in a better place in 2-3 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh yeah... Very possible.

I started to type why it's not possible and stopped. It's do or die time - I understand it won't happen but it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom