Not those Gaels, the other Gaels ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Not those Gaels, the other Gaels ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Weird playing two teams with the same rather uncommon name in consecutive games. And this game had parallels to the other Gaels game other than the opponent's name. Close, low scoring first half. Hawk not on at all in the first half. Blowing it open in the second half as Hawk lights it up. Adama dominating everything.
  2. First few minutes, we didn't look smooth at all.
  3. Where is our offensive rebounding? No defensive rebounding either, but that was mostly because St.M didn't miss much the first few possessions.
  4. 7 or 8 minutes in, JoeyC was our most active player, doing things other than scoring.
  5. The high hedge hurt us bad as we gave up 3 wide open layups in the first half, while Adama was 20 feet from the rim.
  6. Adama, Newton and Joey kept us in it in the first half. Would Hawkins, Karaban and Ajax step up in the 2nd half? Yes, not really and sort of.
  7. Almost 5 minutes into the second half and Hawk hadn't touched the ball, much less taken a shot since halftime. We ain't gonna win if he doesn't start scoring. Cant keep going to Sanogo every possession.
  8. And coming out of that timeout, Hawk gets the ball and drains a three!
  9. When Karaban hit the three to put us up six and gaels called timeout, Hurley hugged Karaban coming to the bench, but Kimani went straight to Newton with the hug and high five for the dime he dropped to Karaban.
  10. I swear, Newton draws more charges than anyone I've ever seen.
  11. HAWKINS! When he's on it's a thing of beauty.
  12. The refs giving St.M a bunch of mercy points at the line in the last 4 minutes or so.
  13. So far in the tourney, Clingan has been playing like PKI version of himself, but he can't get a lot of minutes because Adama has been so dominant.
  14. I liked the move having all the starters leave the game in unison. Seemed to be a big UConn presence in the stands, and taking the starters out like that was kind of classy.
  15. 54%, 46%, 86%. Those are winning shooting percentages every night of the week.
  16. 32 to 23 advantage on the boards. A buck and a half to ninety cents in dimes, and 5 to 1 in blocks.
  17. So we won Albany by 39 points. On to Vegas.

Reaction Score
It seems like Newton just stands around with lead feet at times. I'm always amazed at how little our point guard actually handles the ball on offense. He then proceeds to casually drain a few clutch threes and shuts me up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom