Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse | The Boneyard

Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
@ericcrawford Jurich said school began ACC race as underdog: "They already had UConn - not penciled in - penned in"
I think it makes me feel a bit better in that we had our ducks in a row, it was the actions of louisville that came in and changed the equation. It means that Susan (and possibly Warde) were doing the right thing from september of last year through last week. And then Jurich and his minions elbowed their way in at the last minute. Could we have anticipated this and prevented it? I don't know. I think this was like a vote in Congress when members are lobbying each other and making side deals. I bet some kind of deal or threats were made by FSU and Clemson to get another Southern school in the league. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
I think it makes me feel a bit better in that we had our ducks in a row, it was the actions of louisville that came in and changed the equation. It means that Susan (and possibly Warde) were doing the right thing from september of last year through last week. And then Jurich and his minions elbowed their way in at the last minute. Could we have anticipated this and prevented it? I don't know. I think this was like a vote in Congress when members are lobbying each other and making side deals. I bet some kind of deal or threats were made by FSU and Clemson to get another Southern school in the league. Just a hunch.

Jurich pimping himself the way he pimped the Ville. Have to tip your cap to him. The pimp. But at the end of the day I suspect this had a lot more to do with geography (and proximity to the Big 12) than anything else.

Reaction Score
With so much at stake you have your ducks in a row, but if you have to you cross your T's and dot your I's to close the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom