Not sure if this has been posted--Paige, Azzi, Dorka discuss NIL | The Boneyard

Not sure if this has been posted--Paige, Azzi, Dorka discuss NIL

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So International students don't get this opportunity?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
So International students don't get this opportunity?
I’m going to guess that it’s purely a visa issue. International student visas only allow for part time, on-campus jobs, so earning money from NIL opportunities would violate that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can they earn money in their home countries from thier NIL?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Paige made one specific comment about the effect of NIL that I thought was very perceptive. She said (paraphrasing), "The first time I have a bad game, people are going to say that I need to put NIL aside and focus on basketball."

She is absolutely right about that. If she is known to be active in the NIL world, any slippage in her basketball performance, even a minor or temporary one, will be magnified in the Twitterverse with lots of negative comments about how she is hurting her team by not focusing 100% on the basketball task at hand.

So really, NIL can be a poisoned chalice for a college-age athlete. At least she realizes that. I wonder if it was something that Geno has pointed out to her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

The most striking thing about that video was Amari looming over pages right shoulder. Tall, sturdy and looking every bit the part of an imposing post player. UCONN will need Amari to move to the foreground and play exactly that part.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A little more from the Men's BB team but Paige is all over the discussion

UConn basketball players focus on basketball while pondering profit potential: 'Can make some bread' (ctinsider.com)

They are also aware of how life may soon shift for one particular UConn athlete who happens to practice in the same facility.

“Players like Paige, they deserve to be paid off for their image and likeness,” Tyler Polley said Wednesday. “For everything they do for the university, for women’s sports what she’s doing. So players like that definitely deserve it.

“I mean, every athlete deserves it, for real. But especially players like that. So this is a long time coming. She’s gonna make a lot of a lot of money, man. Paige is amazing.”

Reaction Score
Always wondered when people begin a sentence with "to be honest with you" if they are lying the rest of the time.

Reaction Score
For those keeping track, Paige has 838K Instagram followers.

Hailey Van Lith now has 716K followeers

For those keeping track, Paige has 838K Instagram followers.

Hailey Van Lith now has 716K followers.
Hailey Van Lith had more followers than paige in high school ,she will never catch paige now it's about skills hype Hailey was overrated ,she start in usa team because of Uflo coach ..... I don't like her play Caitlin better than her

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith had more followers than paige in high school ,she will never catch paige now it's about skills hype Hailey was overrated ,she start in usa team because of Uflo coach ..... I don't like her play Caitlin better than her
The number of social media followers has little to do with skill or talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom