Not sure if it’s been mentioned | The Boneyard

Not sure if it’s been mentioned

Reaction Score
Laeticia Amihere - 6’4 F for SC likely not playing in the game on Monday. She was just selected to the senior Canadian Team. They have games through the 9th, so I don’t see her being able to to compete on the 10th.

just wanted to drop that nugget. Big body loss for us vs UConn. You guys are already a tough enough opponent.

Also - Boston should be fine. Dawn has been limiting her and trying not to put too much on her on purpose, especially with all the weapons we have available.

Anyways - just wanted to drop that nugget off for you.

Reaction Score
Laeticia Amihere - 6’4 F for SC likely not playing in the game on Monday. She was just selected to the senior Canadian Team. They have games through the 9th, so I don’t see her being able to to compete on the 10th.

just wanted to drop that nugget. Big body loss for us vs UConn. You guys are already a tough enough opponent.

Also - Boston should be fine. Dawn has been limiting her and trying not to put too much on her on purpose, especially with all the weapons we have available.

I'm not so sure it matters as Amihere hasn't been playing much anyway..................South Carolina has plenty of rebounders with Herbert Harrigan, Saxton and even Grisett in addition to Boston..............it's not going to be easy but as always if UConn can make some shots they have a decent chance of winning.......

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They are a more conventional team than OR. Tough to be sure but conventional. I feel much better with our ability to figure out decent schemes against them.

Reaction Score
At this point of the season I would rather lose to teams like Baylor and Oregon and, hopefully, take something away for future reference, than win a game by forty points against inferior opponents while taking away nothing but a win against an inferior opponent. While these types of wins pump up some of the fans the truth is that it gives a false impression and makes it difficult to actually appraise the team.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Oh gee thanks. I feel so much better now.

Reaction Score

Did you sign up Tuesday just to give your so called nugget? Are you one of those South Carolina fans who post here with your nuggets and after Uconn wins the game we don't here from you for the rest of the season? Are you telling us this nugget in case Uconn does win and it can be an excuse? Do you know last time in Columbia the Huskies were up 28 points with 1:28 left in the first half before Dawn called her 1st timeout? Did you know Asia Wilson was on that team? Did you know in the Elite 8 in Albany Uconn was up about 28 again in the 1st half with 1:30 left when Dawn used her 1st timeout again? Do you know SC has never beaten Uconn? Did you know SC has not come within single digits of Connecticut? I just wanted to give you a few nuggets to ponder! Welcome to the Boneyard!!!

Reaction Score
Did you sign up Tuesday just to give your so called nugget? Are you one of those South Carolina fans who post here with your nuggets and after Uconn wins the game we don't here from you for the rest of the season? Are you telling us this nugget in case Uconn does win and it can be an excuse? Do you know last time in Columbia the Huskies were up 28 points with 1:28 left in the first half before Dawn called her 1st timeout? Did you know Asia Wilson was on that team? Did you know in the Elite 8 in Albany Uconn was up about 28 again in the 1st half with 1:30 left when Dawn used her 1st timeout again? Do you know SC has never beaten Uconn? Did you know SC has not come within single digits of Connecticut? I just wanted to give you a few nuggets to ponder! Welcome to the Boneyard!!!

Thanks for the welcome! Haha.

I did come over to chat with you all about the game. I do have to say this is a different team than Dawn has had in recent memory. More reminiscent of the N.C. team but I think could potentially be better all around. (Not saying Boston is better than Aja). From a skill standpoint - there’s a lot of it and Harris is playing MUCH better this year as a Sr.

Someone mentioned Amihere hasn’t played much and that’s true with some of the other big bodies we have... still - anytime you can have a 6’4 body on the court, it helps.

Reaction Score

I did come over to chat with you all about the game. I do have to say this is a different team than Dawn has had in recent memory. More reminiscent of the N.C. team but I think could potentially be better all around. (Not saying Boston is better than Aja). From a skill standpoint - there’s a lot of it and Harris is playing MUCH better this year as a Sr.

Someone mentioned Amihere hasn’t played much and that’s true with some of the other big bodies we have... still - anytime you can have a 6’4 body on the court, it helps.
Jman thank you for the information. It is always good to hear from a fan from an opposing team, especially one like South Carolina that has some outstanding players to go along with one of the best coaches in the game. In recent years teams like South Carolina, Mississippi State, Texas A&M have began to make a big splash in the women's game and I think it is only going to expand. While it might make it harder for our Huskies to recruit it is great for the women's game. Hope for a great game against SC (also hoping for our huskies to eke out a victory).

Reaction Score

Welcome and thanks I just realized I've been spelling her name like the continent lol. I coached a player for 3 years with the Asia spelling lol!

Reaction Score

Aja came in when Dawn had a veteran team her first year. So she didn't have to throw her right into the fire! I really liked Welch she played well against Uconn 17 pts. She was physically tough and always gave a 100%.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aja came in when Dawn had a veteran team her first year. So she didn't have to throw her right into the fire! I really liked Welch she played well against Uconn 17 pts. She was physically tough and always gave a 100%.
Yeah, Welch wasn't a great shooter, but she was very, very tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom