Not sure if he is serious... | The Boneyard

Not sure if he is serious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@RealJayWilliams: All this conference realignment has me dizzy. Another report saying St. John's & Georgetown possibly leaving the #BigEast 4 the #ACC.

Reaction Score
It is not absurd that the ACC would "balance" ND with a second, non-football school. But they're not adding an even number of catholics and keeping their current problem.

It would also not shock me if they one day brought in Navy as a football only so that it and Notre Dame in effect split one conference membership.

Reaction Score
The only reason ths happens, is if the ACC really wants MSG.

Reaction Score
It is not absurd that the ACC would "balance" ND with a second, non-football school. But they're not adding an even number of catholics and keeping their current problem.

It would also not shock me if they one day brought in Navy as a football only so that it and Notre Dame in effect split one conference membership.

I highly doubt they would add such a school. It verges on the absurd for me because they don't know who else is leaving. FSU may leave, so trying to even out the basketball side before knowing the final composition will be premature.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is the type of bs that i laugh at. bball writers, bloggers or just fans have no clue what is going on. any fball fan no matter how wild they are expansion from crazy ole me to simple bl knows whats actaully driving things. when u see ppl in any way pump other crap its a big point and laugh at the uninformed. the acc one day may add many bball schools when its not a fball place anym ore that matters. but right now this idea is junk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The only reason ths happens, is if the ACC really wants MSG.

What does one have to do with the other?

Reaction Score
What does one have to do with the other?

Doesn't St. John's play home games there? It gets easier to move in on MSG if you add St. John's, UConn and Georgetown. Add to that you already have Syracuse. The whole center of gravity shifts on the issue. Just move the mountain to Muhammed.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Doesn't St. John's play home games there? It gets easier to move in on MSG if you add St. John's, UConn and Georgetown. Add to that you already have Syracuse. The whole center of gravity shifts on the issue. Just move the mountain to Muhammed.

-sju plays home games on campus now in a new arena that rivals mac teams mid major style. they have like bleachers behind the hoop for 200 students. its real mid major ish. they play at msg only for big time games now becuase the other team has to fill the seats

msg and the nbe jus tinked msg for a while. the nbe will have to split bball wise and then reopen talks as msg im sure was all in as long as uconn and lville were still part of it. now msg will hook up with acc or oif not then resign with big east bballs for less i bet.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I don't buy it. Nova, St Johns & Georgetown along with Uconn is a dream scenario for bball junkies. Too neat.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
I don't buy it. Nova, St Johns & Georgetown along with Uconn is a dream scenario for bball junkies. Too neat.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

I'm not saying that's what is going to happen. I'm saying that in order to make that work, that's what needs to happen.

Reaction Score
If I were the catholic schools I would just create my own conference that would be immune to conference realignment for the next 50 years. This is a pretty good line-up that would put 4-6 teams in the tournament every year.

PC
SJU
SHU
VU
GU
XU
Dayton
MU
DP
SLU

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If I were the catholic schools I would just create my own conference that would be immune to conference realignment for the next 50 years. This is a pretty good line-up that would put 4-6 teams in the tournament every year.

PC
SJU
SHU
VU
GU
XU
Dayton
MU
DP
SLU
The A-10 just signed a contract for $350k per school per year. If the above conference can get triple that (not unreasonable but likely the ceiling) it still comes in at about half of what the low estimates were for the non-football membership of the NNBE in the new TV contract negotiations. This may be what they end up needing to do but it is not something they would jump at willingly.

Also, in the recent past Nova and Georgetown have made comments about needing the marquee membership of football schools for the basketball conference (UConn, UL, Cuse when they were still here) as having those two catholics as part of five or six anchors is one thing. Asking those two to anchor a conference is another thing entirely.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score

PC
SJU
SHU
VU
GU
XU
Dayton
MU
DP
SLU

West: Gonzaga, St Mary's, Marquette, Depaul, St Louis, , Xavier, Dayton, Creighton
East: Nova, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, Saint Joe's (Philly), Duquesne, Siena, Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom