Not really OT - nicknames | The Boneyard

Not really OT - nicknames

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
So I saw a headline on my recently delivered Reader's Digest that there is a piece about nicknames.

Which got me to thinking about player's nicknames - I mean the more elaborate kind, not calling Diana "Di" or "DT".

I'm more familiar with baseball, with nicknames like "Little Poison", "The Georgia Peach", "Marse Joe" and lots more, from the old days, at least. I've heard some more recent good ones, but I don't follow closely enough to remember them.

So - who knows some good nicknames for Women's Basketball players - past and present?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The thread title was meant to be "Not Really OT - nicknames". Don't know what happened there.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So I saw a headline on my recently delivered Reader's Digest that there is a piece about nicknames.

Which got me to thinking about player's nicknames - I mean the more elaborate kind, not calling Diana "Di" or "DT".

I'm more familiar with baseball, with nicknames like "Little Poison", "The Georgia Peach", "Marse Joe" and lots more, from the old days, at least. I've heard some more recent good ones, but I don't follow closely enough to remember them.

So - who knows some good nicknames for Women's Basketball players - past and present?
I was unaware that the Reader's Digest was still published. I remember it being ubiquitous when I was young.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
speaking of DT, as I understand it, Kobe Bryant has referred to her as "the White Mamba"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was unaware that the Reader's Digest was still published. I remember it being ubiquitous when I was young.
It was Doctor's/dentist's office staple along with Highlights for kids. For what it is worth, the internet is basically Reader's Digest these days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boo Randall.
This is one of favorite non-basketball stories from the Vol rivalry. The punchline is when Tenn fans started retaliatory booing of DT whenever she had the ball. Asked about it afterwards Diana said "Booing? I thought they were mooing."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When Edwards arrives, she’ll almost certainly be nicknamed the “Canadian Mamba.” She idolizes Kobe Bryant - so much to the point the she sports yellow braids.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
When Edwards arrives, she’ll almost certainly be nicknamed the “Canadian Mamba.” She idolizes Kobe Bryant - so much to the point the she sports yellow braids.

The Maple Mamba is better, but its already taken.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I think it could be the Pontifical Swiss Guard. Cool uniforms!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kelly "Swiss Army Knife" Faris.

Not all Swiss Army knives are the same. :oops::oops::oops:

1569501169253.png

Reaction Score
Also Juicy Landrum’s real name is Calveion, but she goes by her nickname now.
Thinking that Rebecca or Jen revealed that team members referred to Nykesha as “precious” cuz Geno never criticized her during practices.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that not all that many have ever been given the heads-up "The Swiss Guards are looking for you." But my wife did.
I think there must be a good story here, and you are teasing us. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom