Not a Joke: NCAA Will Announce UNC Penalties 10/13/17! | The Boneyard

Not a Joke: NCAA Will Announce UNC Penalties 10/13/17!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yep Friday the 13th! Buried in the other thread so many of you may have given up on any announcement.
Link: NCAA Will Release UNC Infractions Report Friday

So it's 50/50 for me. NCAA wants to bury this story by announcing on Friday because sanctions are weak or because they are already under the public microscope from the FBI probe and don't want the issues commingled.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
According to the article, the only athletic program that was specifically named is:
2. Academic counselor Jan Boxill provided extra benefits by way of impermissible academic assistance and special arrangements to women's basketball players from 2003-2010
While it does mention the overall athletic department several times, the men's basketball, football, soccer etc was not singled out
I will be PO'd if they get a slap on the wrist
Anything short of loss of NC(s), scholarships, a multiple year sanction from NCAA tournament is just that

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
The mere fact that they decided to once again pick Friday to announce penalties, tells you all you need to know. The punishment will be light if anything at all. They could have announced any day this week, but they go and choose Friday again, hoping everyone forgets over the wknd.

Reaction Score
They will lose a national championship. They had 3000 students take sham courses and the grades from those is the reason basketball players were even eligible to play during the run. I know it's no APR violation but let's be serious.

Reaction Score
It's still a joke. If I'm their women's golf team I'm worried.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
They will lose a national championship. They had 3000 students take sham courses and the grades from those is the reason basketball players were even eligible to play during the run. I know it's no APR violation but let's be serious.

It's a really, really bad look for the NCAA if they don't come down hard on UNC for this. The only problem with that is the NCAA doesn't really care much about their appearance.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason today I feel like the NCAA is dropping the hammer. On the heels of the ridiculous commission, tar & feathering Carolina would show serious intent to reform.

That said, the over/under line is at double secret probation.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It's a really, really bad look for the NCAA if they don't come down hard on UNC for this. The only problem with that is the NCAA doesn't really care much about their appearance.

QFT

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
As I posted before...they should have had Emily Litella come to a podium and say..."Never mind!!:. Followed by a giggle and a curtsey.

Exit stage left.

Now, let's go Yankees!!!!!

Reaction Score
Shorter NCAA:
"We'd rather see UNC make fake classes available to their entire student population, than see UConn have student-athletes do poorly in real classes."

Kudos to the professors at UConn for having academic standards, and to the coaches and athletic department for making the necessary changes to see that our athletes have the support needed to perform in the classroom.

The NCAA is a joke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shorter NCAA:
"We'd rather see UNC make fake classes available to their entire student population, than see UConn have student-athletes do poorly in real classes."

Kudos to the professors at UConn for having academic standards, and for the coaches and athletic department to make the necessary changes to see that our athletes have the support needed to perform in the classroom.

The NCAA is a joke.

Open encouragement of fraud and cheating. Can't be framed any other way.

Reaction Score
Open encouragement of fraud and cheating. Can't be framed any other way.
Many long believed UNC wouldn't be punished, but once they landed their most recent 5 star recruit, there should have been no doubts this was the result. I'm sure UNC knew this was coming, and relayed the same to the recruit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom