Not a great day all around for me | The Boneyard

Not a great day all around for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn losing to ND is always a bad day.

Also had my performance review. Boss tells me my rating was a surprise to him, not what he argued for in the "callibration" meetings. I got a 3 - which means I am doing what is expected - but not the 2 that he expected and felt I deserved. I will still get a pay increase, and will get a bonus. But the difference between a 2 and a 3 is about $5,000 in bonus money. That hurts.

Of the two, the performance rating is obviously the most personally painful to me. But the loss to ND is a pretty darn close second.

On edit: I should be pretty darn grateful I have a job considering the number of jobs lost to restructuring and outsourcing. I don't mean to sound greedy. Truth be told, I would have rather had the 2 even if there was no extra compensation at stake. It is a pride thing.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am a victim of the outsourcing
it does make me sad and frustrated at times however I do not miss review time clear head to prepare and give reviews for my entire team and then sit and listen to someone else tell me how well I did or did not do.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I got you beat4 UConnChapette: At 5:30 I was in a dentist's chair getting a root canal on one of my incisors. The root canal actually hurt less than this loss did.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I got you beat4 UConnChapette: At 5:30 I was in a dentist's chair getting a root canal on one of my incisors. The root canal actually hurt less than this loss did.
There's better drugs for a root canal.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You have my sympathy, Chapette. My son got screwed on his evaluation--a career low--based on dated and incorrect info from someone with an axe to grind. It cost him about $8K in his bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom