Northeastern vs UConn - 2/19/16 - 7pm | The Boneyard

Northeastern vs UConn - 2/19/16 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm in the house. Dan, dan, dan, dan dan dan, dan dan, dan dan dan dan dan. My favorite song. :D

Reaction Score
It's like NE is on a constant power play. And there is the 3rd goal. Down 3-1 in 1st.

18-4 shots in favor of NE.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At least I heard a good line. NU had a guy named Saucerman, "and his trusty sidekick Tea Cup Girl"

Reaction Score
That was one of the worst performances by a team that has something to play I have seen.

The effort in the first period was hideous. That was the first time I heard boos at a UConn hockey game and the most upset a crowd at the XL has been with the play on the ice.

Their positioning on the ice is atrocious.

How does a team have three minutes of zone time without a whistle while also doing line changes?

Closing the season losing a minimum of 5 out of 6. No excuse of running of gas down the stretch when they only played 3 games in 19 days prior to the final three weekends.

I do not think people realize how lost this team would be if Letunov was at BU right now.

Reaction Score
Tonight's performance will make it alot easier for the new AD and the Athletic Administration - let's leave it at that.

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-northeastern-hockey-0220-20160219-story.html

Cav direct quote: "they outplayed us, plain and simple. Do I think we have kids in that locker room who can play better? Yes, I Do".

Not to sound like hockeyfan44, but that's on the entire coaching staff to make them play better. Teach them, encourage, yell, scream, bench, whatever... But COACH the dang team.

Enough of the excuses of injuries, freshmen, crappy defenseman, not enough scholarships, facilities, being newbs to the league. No, no, no. Not good enough. I'm patient as all hell and didn't boo. Only @ Keenan.

Last night was complete garbage. Those 3 minutes were REALLY pathetic.
I'm still a cav supporter, but IDK man, too many repeat games of total garbage. What happens to all these freshman that are going to go thru the softmore slump? Wait, it's all already happening.

I'll be up in Boston tonight to see the game.
Now in 10th. If things stay the way they are now, we'll play away @ VT.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/standings.php

Attendance: 5,689. Still in 3rd with 5,166
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/oaattend.php

But still in 1st for conference ONLY home games with 5,701
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/statistics/1516/coattend.php

Reaction Score
Tonight's performance will make it alot easier for the new AD and the Athletic Administration - let's leave it at that.
Make sure you stop by section 103 to talk to acting AD Rachel Rubin...and make your significant funding pledge to upgrade Freitas to a suitable facility...and to buy out Cav's contract. Also make sure you have a replacement list to hand her from your vast contacts in the college coaching world. She's very approachable and I'm sure would love to hear from such a loyal UConn sports fan such as yourself.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We already have a poster named One Trick Pony. Time to put you on Ignore. I won't be missing anything.

Reaction Score
ct06111 Cavanaugh made the First Team All American "All Excuse Team" for the 3rd year in a row. The Wizard of Oz has been exposed. You know I like Warde but the big fella got shambozelled by this guy who rode on the coattails of Jerry York for 18 years. He has an excuse for everything pretty soon he will blame the equipment manager, rink manager, bus driver and catering staff you wait. He is clueless as a head coach.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Make sure you stop by section 103 to talk to acting AD Rachel Rubin...and make your significant funding pledge to upgrade Freitas to a suitable facility...and to buy out Cav's contract. Also make sure you have a replacement list to hand her from your vast contacts in the college coaching world. She's very approachable and I'm sure would love to hear from such a loyal UConn sports fan such as yourself.
Don't encourage him!

Reaction Score
There is a disconnect somewhere with this team that shows up on game days with lackadaisical efforts.

Whether the disconnect is between players and coaches or between players and players or the highly publicized freshmen and everyone else, there is something going on that the public does not see.

How many times has Cavanaugh showed up to a post game presser and said the team lacked effort? With a team that can only win when putting forth a 60 minute effort, too many times this season the effort has not been there. It falls on the coaches and players.

Two observations from last night:
for a BC recruit Evan Richardson is terrible. Although he had a nice assist for Northeastern last night.

Has anyone ever seen a pk unit collapse back to the UConn goal as UConn did on the NE pp goal? The NE player skated to within ten feet of the goal, probably closer.

Reaction Score
Don't encourage him!
Why not...best case she has security/Hartford PD come over and he gets locked up for being a EDP...worst case listens to him and laughs in his face. He won't have the balls to go over and state his case to her anyway.

Reaction Score
ct06111 Cavanaugh made the First Team All American "All Excuse Team" for the 3rd year in a row. The Wizard of Oz has been exposed. You know I like Warde but the big fella got shambozelled by this guy who rode on the coattails of Jerry York for 18 years. He has an excuse for everything pretty soon he will blame the equipment manager, rink manager, bus driver and catering staff you wait. He is clueless as a head coach.
Like I said go see Rachel Rubin the acting AD at the UNH game, she's approachable..sits in section 103..you may even get lucky and see Herbst there too...I'm sure they would LOVE to get your insight and be handed a list of replacements. Oh yeah that's right..you probably don't even go to the games either...another non-season ticket holder running his mouth like he is Robert Burton. Come on @hockeyfan44 pony up some cash and help the program out of this mess. By the way what are your NHL scout friends saying about Thompson? 3rd maybe 4th round at best?

Reaction Score
Is that what the little angry guy who sits behind UCONN'S bench is basing the 2015-2016 Men's Ice Hockey Team success on this year? What round one of their players is going to be drafted? Has the program dropped that low? Have our hiring standards dropped this low that our coach"s care more about what round a kid is going to be drafted by the NHL than by properly preparing,coaching,educating,motivating the whole entire team for success? No wonder why the team doesn't play for the coaches.

Reaction Score
Is that what the little angry guy who sits behind UCONN'S bench is basing the 2015-2016 Men's Ice Hockey Team success on this year? What round one of their players is going to be drafted? Has the program dropped that low? Have our hiring standards dropped this low that our coach"s care more about what round a kid is going to be drafted by the NHL than by properly preparing,coaching,educating,motivating the whole entire team for success? No wonder why the team doesn't play for the coaches.
Not in the least...I'm telling the one trick pony to put his $$ where his mouth is and do something about his concerns for the program. You seem to have a legitimate list of names to coach the team, and run your mouth on here about how bad the coaching is and how the people in the AD aren't happy with him..so go to the acting AD and do something about it. That would be easy of you actually go to games and have season tickets though. What section are your season tickets in?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I went to last night's game as my reward for being a football season ticket holder along with 2 guys from my tailgate crew. UConn desperately needs a Chiarra, Ken Morrow type defenseman who lets the opposition know in no uncertain terms that treading into UCONN's zone is done at their own peril. I saw in person, what I've been hearing on the radio broadcasts: that the Huskies have huge problems clearing out the puck from their defensive zone. They skated like their feet were stuck in cement.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You "fans" need to change those boos to cheers. Don't need to see headlines about booing college kids.

It was the college kids doing the booing!

Reaction Score
You "fans" need to change those boos to cheers. Don't need to see headlines about booing college kids.
Where did fans booing come from my post about hockeyfraud44 being the hockey boards version of HFD? And I don't boo at UConn games unless the official/ref makes a bad call. I just cross my arms and shake my head in disgust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom