Northeastern Screws by Ref. | The Boneyard

Northeastern Screws by Ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Saw three uncalled fouls against NE when NE had ball down by two.

Reaction Score
Hard to call a foul at that point. NE needed to drive to the basket. They were to static on that last possession.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Hard to call a foul at that point. NE needed to drive to the basket. They were to static on that last possession.
Hard to be confident driving to the basket when basketball culture involves swallowing the whistle on the last play and the defense can get away with far more contact than they normally can.

(I did not see the play so I do not mean to apply it to this exact situation)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Eh, I didnt see it. Northeastern waited waaaay too long to get their offense going down two. They had 25 seconds and didnt start trying to get a shot until under 10, and they never did even get a shot. The strip looked clean to me.

On one foul Notre Dame player had both hands on Northeastern player and shoved him. Watch it again you'll see.

Reaction Score
That Grant steal really shot them in the foot, Northeastern lost that game not the refs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That Grant steal really shot them in the foot, Northeastern lost that game not the refs.

Wrong. Northeastern's best player was in foul trouble the whole game. They probably win by 6-8 if a couple of those BS fouls on him aren't called.

If you thought Northeastern was getting screwed, watch what is happening to UAB. The refs are practically helping ISU defend .

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Wrong. Northeastern's best player was in foul trouble the whole game. They probably win by 6-8 if a couple of those BS fouls on him aren't called.

If you thought Northeastern was getting screwed, watch what is happening to UAB. The refs are practically helping ISU defend .

No They aren't doing UAB any favors at all!

Reaction Score

You believe whatever you want but I don't see a conspiracy Iowa State can't defend.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Utter BS. ISU player lowers his shoulder and mows down the UAB defender. Do refs even know what the block/charge rules are?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You believe whatever you want but I don't see a conspiracy Iowa State can't defend.

That is what I am saying. ISU has been clutching and grabbing the last 10 minutes, and they only had 7 team fouls until they fouled a second ago.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't believe UAB let ISU got that shot off. Kids will be kids.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Justice is served in the end! march MADNESS!

Reaction Score
I should have known better than to trust ISU at all. Never dug any of the hype they've been getting this and last year. Just didn't know they'd the bed that bad.

Reaction Score
I didn't like the call on the guy who knocked the ball out to another Northeastern player, only to have his finger land on the "emerging" face of a ND player. Boom, foul on the guy's finger. Huh? The Northeaster player had position, and the ND guy was scrambling for a loose ball. Thing is, the Northeastern player made contact with the ball and had sent it into another direction. That is the definition of "no call".

Reaction Score
Northeastern's last possession is why you save your timeouts for the end. I don't believe they had any when things broke down.

Reaction Score
Northeastern's last possession is why you save your timeouts for the end. I don't believe they had any when things broke down.

I said that when they were getting the ball back with 14 sec left down 2. I guess you can't blame the 14 seed coach for running out of timeouts in a 3 v 14 seed game, but yes, that is why you stash that $20 bill in your sock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom