North Dakota State vs. Illinois State FCS Championship | The Boneyard

North Dakota State vs. Illinois State FCS Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This game is on ESPN2 at 1:00 tomorrow. Should be a good one to watch! Illinois State 13-1 beat New Hampshire in the Semi-Final 21-18. North Dakota State 14-1 beat Sam Houston State 35-3 in the semi's. Sam Houston beat Villanova in the quarter finals (UCONN plays Nova next year) 34-31.

This should be a very entertaining football game. The North Dakota State Bison's clocked Iowa State 34-14 earlier in the year and have won the FCS National Championship 3 years in a row and going for a four-peat.

My nephew is a professor at Illinois State so I will be rooting for the Red Birds.

Both teams finished tied for the Missouri Valley Conference so they will be playing for the inspirational outright league Championship as well as the National Championship.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...north-dakota-state-fcs-championship/21418441/

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Wow they had a long break - that UNH game seems like it was 3-4 weeks ago.

NDSU by 20...

Reaction Score
NDSU can beat quite a few FBS teams... including us... They should move up....

Reaction Score
Anyone watching this? Great game. I've mostly been using it as background noise but these final 12 minutes have been exciting. Great win for NDSU.

Super game. Illinois State almost pulled it out. Kudos to NDState for the 4Peat!

Really like dual threat Illinois State Junior QB Tre Roberson an Indiana Transfer. He was Mr. Indiana in High School football. If UCONN could grab this guy, I have no doubt he would be the starting QB! Worth a phone call! Call him NOW, NOW Bobby D! Promise him the moon! Whatever I said before about bringing in a Senior QB faggetaboutit! I want to see Tre with two eyeballs on his helmet this year!

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...rson-transfer-will-have-two-years-eligibility

image.jpg

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If UCONN could grab this guy, I have no doubt he would be the starting QB! Worth a phone call! Call him NOW, NOW Bobby D! Promise him the moon! Whatever I said before about bringing in a Senior QB faggetaboutit! I want to see Tre with two eyeballs on his helmet this year!

It's nowhere near that easy.

Reaction Score
Don't ruin it for Carl but he'd run out of eligibility if he transferred to an FBS school.

Maybe a 6th year is part of the MOON.

You are right easier to transfer FBS to FCS than the other way around. Otherwise
everyone would be grabbing FCS players. Besides, in reality he would probably play his final year at Illinois State anyway. It is a guarantee deal and won't matter where he plays if he wants a shot at the next level. He may be good enough.

Back to hoping that Bryant Sheriff can be a quality dual threat!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You are right easier to transfer FBS to FCS than the other way around. Otherwise
everyone would be grabbing FCS players. Besides, in reality he would probably play his final year at Illinois State anyway. It is a guarantee deal and won't matter where he plays if he wants a shot at the next level. He may be good enough.

Back to hoping that Bryant Sheriff can be a quality dual threat!

He has to play his final year there. That's the point. He used his one transfer exception leaving Indiana.

Reaction Score
Nova Played without its jr. QB, Robertson, who was FCS offensive player of the year. Robertson will be the nova QB at the Rent next year. He is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom