North Carolina/South Carolina | The Boneyard

North Carolina/South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
#14 North Carolina defeats #10 South Carolina 74-66. First loss of the year for S Carolina. I expected S Carolina to win this one.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I expected Dawn's team to control tempo, defend well and force an undisciplined UNC team to score in the half court. I guess that didn't happen. S Carolina has played such a crappy schedule I had no idea what to expect. Clearly I expected too much.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The North Carolina kids whipped the ball around effectively on occasion.
The positive influence of Ms. Latta is beginning to be seen

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I too am not totally shocked by this.

UNC is going to be good. How good? Not sure. There talent alone will help them win games. As those freshman/sophomores mature they will get better.

Looking at the boxscore what jumped out at me is Alaina Coates from SC only played 9 minutes and was scoreless. She was averaging 12 points and 8 rebounds ( or so) thus far. Thought she would have had more of an impact.

The other piece to keep in mind is that Staley's Gamecocks aren't yet battle tested. I am really interested to see how the SEC shakes out with South Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU and Tennessee.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Latta used to give us fits...Do you think she'll become a good coach?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Latta used to give us fits...Do you think she'll become a good coach?

I wouldn't be surprised if she's already not had an important role in the offense which looked much better than earlier in the season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UNC has a talented roster that is capable of beating anyone on a given day. Also because of their youth, they can lose games that they should win. I'll be surprised if they lose four more games before the ACC tournament. They'll probably end up being a four seed in the tournament and a team a number one seed won't want to see in their bracket.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I am really interested to see how the SEC shakes out with South Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU and Tennessee.
I think Tennessee is the cream of that crop.

Not impressed with Undefeated Georgia's schedule to date. I think they will be exposed like USC was against UNC.

Kentucky is not as good as last year. Terrible basketball in beating Baylor in 3 OT's. Baylor (as you will see when UConn plays them) is not that good. Ole Miss just gave them a really tough game.

LSU lost by 22 to Louisville, only beat RU by 4, Little Rock by 7, Michigan by 2. Not very impressive wins.

Tennessee has more talent than any of the other SEC teams. But I don't think any of them will go very far in the tourney.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
From the box - 31 total turnovers and 18 total assists on 51 total baskets so a .58 assist/TO ratio and a .35 assist/made basket ratio.
Watched the first half and between the announcers and that brand of BB decided I could miss the second half. First time I had watch SC and was surprised they were not playing better offense or defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom