North Carolina @ Duke - 2/25/18 | The Boneyard

North Carolina @ Duke - 2/25/18

Reaction Score
31-29 Duke at the half

Brown & Greenwell with 11 pts each

Brown with 4 stls.

I'm thinking Lexie Brown might be the ACC steals leader and I'm not sure it's even close.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We need Duke to win, otherwise we might lose Triad to an aneurism of the brain due losing to UNCheat twice this year and after beating FSU earlier this week...plus, I have to admit, seeing UNCheat continue to implode and finish under .500 after playing very soft OOC would make me smile incessantly...:D

Reaction Score
Greenwell caught fire in this one... 26 pts (10-16)

Reaction Score
70-54 Duke final

Greenwell 31 pts, 13 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk
Brown 22 pts, 4 reb, 11 ast, 4 stl

Reaction Score
Signing in live from Cameron. Greenwell was great. Sweet win... Now time to honor our seniors.. Then after that.. Time to slaughter a few burgers :cool:

with Sam Brunelle in attendance BTW

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I dont know much about her, lemme hit up google. Do you happen to know what she had on?

tenor.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Ha.... went to google... find out I saw her at the game while I was leaving. I saw a tall lanky kid wearing a USA T-shirt.... I just assumed it was some local kid at the game who probably was a basketball player. Guess she must be considering Duke.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Ha.... went to google... find out I saw her at the game while I was leaving. I saw a tall lanky kid wearing a USA T-shirt.... I just assumed it was some local kid at the game who probably was a basketball player. Guess she must be considering Duke.

Oh, I thought you were joking. Guess not everyone wades into the recruiting threads. Yes, Duke is in her top 9.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was a great atmosphere today..... best since Senior night 2015 vs the same bunch from Chapel Hill. Officially a sellout.... there were probably a couple hundred (or more) loud cheat fans.... well they were loud until about the middle of the third quarter :p

Oh, I thought you were joking. Guess not everyone wades into the recruiting threads. Yes, Duke is in her top 9.

Man.... all that recruiting stuff is too much to wade through... I'll just wait until someone commits to Duke (boy/girl) before I get excited or try to find information or try to find highlights about them. Until then... I got better things to do.............. like write Smashburger's corporate headquarters to plead for them to open a location closer to me than Durham. :cool::p

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Man.... all that recruiting stuff is too much to wade through... I'll just wait until someone commits to Duke (boy/girl) before I get excited or try to find information or try to find highlights about them. Until then... I got better things to do.... like write Smashburger's corporate headquarters to plead for them to open a location closer to me than Durham. :cool::p

Here, I'll bring this one right to you:

Reaction Score
UNC is such a strange program to me. They get a stretch where they get some really talented players (mid 90s, mid 2000's) and Hatchell is as formidable against Geno as anyone. But most of the stretches in her tenure are marred with mediocrity. UNC is so dominant in other women's sports that I am perfectly fine with them keeping Hatchell as like as they'd like. Imagine if they hired a Vic Schaffer or Jeff Walz to a school like UNC?

Reaction Score
UNC is such a strange program to me. They get a stretch where they get some really talented players (mid 90s, mid 2000's) and Hatchell is as formidable against Geno as anyone. But most of the stretches in her tenure are marred with mediocrity. UNC is so dominant in other women's sports that I am perfectly fine with them keeping Hatchell as like as they'd like. Imagine if they hired a Vic Schaffer or Jeff Walz to a school like UNC?

I think they've been hurt for the past few years with their NCAA violations..............most thought the WBB team would get severe penalties and who wants to play for a school that is on probation...........now that they are clear of that issue let's see if that makes a difference.......

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can be petty. So I love this picture :cool:

View attachment 28931
Considering how pathetic UNC has been the past few years, losing once to them isn't exactly a bragging point.

Wait, didn't Greenwell lose to UNC twice her freshman year?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Considering how pathetic UNC has been the past few years, losing once to them isn't exactly a bragging point.

Head bang 7-1 vs your biggest rival ..... work with me man... :mad:

Wait, didn't Greenwell lose to UNC twice her freshman year?

Well she didnt play in those games... she sat out as a redshirt her first season at Duke. Again... work with me man :mad: Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom