Ot - Nor'easter: Everyone Stay Safe!!! | The Boneyard

Ot - Nor'easter: Everyone Stay Safe!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lights keep dimming in our neighborhood in Manchester, but we still have power. Fully expect to lose it eventually. 33% of CT currently has no power.

We walked up to see a downed power line sparking a few blocks away because we could see it glowing in the sky. While we were there and walking home, we heard and saw no less than 11 big branches breaking in trees around us. Yeah, sometimes people do stupid things. That was a pretty dumb thing to do, as the branches we saw fall could have done severe bodily harm. We were lucky.

Hope all the BYers stay safe, dry, and if you lose power I hope it is a brief outage.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, we lost a couple of branches off a maple tree in our front yard today.

Reaction Score
Hope you're all safe and warm. We had a similar October storm in Buffalo five years ago--leaf-laden trees brought down power lines. You can still see the scars on the trees.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nasty, nasty, nasty over here in Little Rhody!! No outages so far.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
80% of Ellington is without power, but we're still on. We keep surging, though, and it keeps causing my DirecTV receiver to reset (and thus have a 10 minute wait for the TV to be available).

I'll take TV interruptions gladly in exchange for not losing power, though.

Reaction Score
80% of Ellington is without power, but we're still on. We keep surging, though, and it keeps causing my DirecTV receiver to reset (and thus have a 10 minute wait for the TV to be available). I'll take TV interruptions gladly in exchange for not losing power, though.

Try using a good battery-powered Uninterruptible Power Supply (about $100) to keep that DirecTV gizmo and your TV running through the power hiccups. Make sure those power plugs are connected to the battery outlets and not the less useful additional surge protector outlets on the unit.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No power here since Sat about 1600. Big tree down in front yard and part of the street (thank God it missed the house, seriously I was thanking God). Prolly won't be back up til later this week, hopefully.

(glad to get to work, it's warm and lit, shhhhh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom