Non UConn Commitments | The Boneyard

Non UConn Commitments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought I'd start this thread to separate recruits from other top 30 programs

She's an ESPN top 50 combo guard out of the DC area

Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
WBB: Aisha Sheppard, 5-9 G, St. John's College HS (DC-2017)/MD Lady Terps, has committed to Va. Tech, over UVa, Syracuse, Dayton, Louisville

Reaction Score

WBB: Aisha Sheppard, 5-9 G, St. John's College HS (DC-2017)/MD Lady Terps, has committed to Va. Tech, over UVa, Syracuse, Dayton, Louisville
Thanks Charlie--this one is just for me.
Kenny Brooks, Va Tech's new Coach, is one heck of a guy and a pretty fair coach. If he can get some talent he'll earn the 500,000 plus he's getting at Tech--compared to Shea Ralphs salary at JMU--sometimes loyalty to your family beats that to your school (and he almost quad ed his salary)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

How did Brenda miss out on her?

Reaction Score
I think I'm starting to see where some of you Huskies are believing Coach Walz offers everyone in the country.

Coach Walz is well noted for his crazy travel schedule and the number of games he watches during recruiting periods. I cannot imagine anyone out travels this man.

Therein, must be why the media thinks because he's watching a game he must be after every outstanding players in that game. I keep up with recruiting, as does a few others who are big followers of our wbb program, and none of us ever heard of this girl. Considering the fact we have offers out to four guards in the top 25 players in the nation right now, I seriously doubt Coach Walz ever offered this young lady.

There is Louisville...again :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think I'm starting to see where some of you Huskies are believing Coach Walz offers everyone in the country.

Coach Walz is well noted for his crazy travel schedule and the number of games he watches during recruiting periods. I cannot imagine anyone out travels this man.

Therein, must be why the media thinks because he's watching a game he must be after every outstanding players in that game. I keep up with recruiting, as does a few others who are big followers of our wbb program, and none of us ever heard of this girl. Considering the fact we have offers out to four guards in the top 25 players in the nation right now, I seriously doubt Coach Walz ever offered this young lady.

Well she thought she had an offer!!

Follow
Shepp☁️ @__blessed22
Blessed to be able to announce my top 5
203c.png

Virginia Tech, Virginia, Syracuse, Louisville and Dayton.
5:20 PM - 17 Jun 2016

Reaction Score
I read earlier where Auriemma dropped off recruiting a player. Would it be an insult to suggest Walz does some things like Auriemma? Did Walz possibly look at this girl, offer her as she was the best he thought he might be able to get at the time, only to find later he had as good or better chance of getting better players, thus dropping any interest he had in this girl? If he no longer showed any interest in her, she probably got the message.

I'll stick with what I said. We've heard nothing about her, nor seen anything written about her by any of the media who covers wbb. Any offer made by Walz or Louisville was probably stale.

Louisville has three or four top guards on which they remain in the picture. If they don't get any of those, Walz will likely not fill the positions this season. He's got 14 on scholarship this season, with three seniors. He's got two commits and could go with only 13 next year. He had only ten scholarship players last season.

Well she thought she had an offer!!

Follow
Shepp☁️ @__blessed22
Blessed to be able to announce my top 5
203c.png

Virginia Tech, Virginia, Syracuse, Louisville and Dayton.
5:20 PM - 17 Jun 2016

Reaction Score
I read earlier where Auriemma dropped off recruiting a player. Would it be an insult to suggest Walz does some things like Auriemma? Did Walz possibly look at this girl, offer her as she was the best he thought he might be able to get at the time, only to find later he had as good or better chance of getting better players, thus dropping any interest he had in this girl? If he no longer showed any interest in her, she probably got the message.

I'll stick with what I said. We've heard nothing about her, nor seen anything written about her by any of the media who covers wbb. Any offer made by Walz or Louisville was probably stale.

Louisville has three or four top guards on which they remain in the picture. If they don't get any of those, Walz will likely not fill the positions this season. He's got 14 on scholarship this season, with three seniors. He's got two commits and could go with only 13 next year. He had only ten scholarship players last season.

You could be right about that, perhaps JW is more transparent then some other coaches but I know with UConn, we fans/devotees don't always know what is going on behind the scenes..........I am 100% certain that Geno has had interest in players that we were totally unaware of while on the other hand we believed that there was interest in others that simply wasn't there..........that's part of what makes these boards fun to participate on!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

I have respect and admiration for CJW. I also like what he is doing at Louisville. So don't take what's being said here anything other than a running joke. It's obvious that he is casting a wide net to capture as many elite players as possible. No harm no foul. The key is keeping a roster full of high school AAs happy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Would it be an insult to suggest Walz does some things like Auriemma? Did Walz possibly look at this girl, offer her as she was the best he thought he might be able to get at the time, only to find later he had as good or better chance of getting better players, thus dropping any interest he had in this girl?
Yes. Yes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger