Non conference schedule | The Boneyard

Non conference schedule

Reaction Score
That’s not at home. Pretty big slap in face to donors but whatever better than nothing
His post didn't say anything about home games. I don't care where we play the good opponents as long as they're on the schedule

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wow they put us on the direct opposite side of the battle for Atlantis bracket from ASU and Cuse so neither of those are even guaranteed matchups. I guess they are hoping for a headline finals?

Reaction Score
Wow they put us on the direct opposite side of the battle for Atlantis bracket from ASU and Cuse so neither of those are even guaranteed matchups. I guess they are hoping for a headline finals?
ASU makes sense since the Hurley's aren't interested in playing each other so that's understandable. Why Cuse is in the other bracket is a mystery to me.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Luckily we’re not in the AAC anymore so our non conference schedule is not like, do or die.

But pretty much at least 5 out of 11 are quality/interesting games. That’s not terrible. Not the best but not bad.

Reaction Score
Quick buildup to B4A. 7 games in 2.5 weeks. We got experience would love to hit the ground running

Reaction Score
ASU makes sense since the Hurley's aren't interested in playing each other so that's understandable. Why Cuse is in the other bracket is a mystery to me.
Cuse prob didn’t want to play us unless they had to based on the last meeting and direction of the programs

Reaction Score

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Wow. Not a single good home game. That sucks. Really hope they balance out the gampel and civic center BE games so at least one marquee game at each. Gampel lately seems to have always gotten the short end of that stick.

Reaction Score
That home slate may be the worst I've ever seen.
I agree wholeheartedly. I always try to take the "high road" approach, but it's difficult to do so in this case. When I look at this schedule, the three words I think of are abysmal, pathetic, and embarrassing. This will be really bad for our NET come Selection Sunday, and g-d forbid we lose one of these games (St. Joes). I understand we need a couple cupcakes to develop chemistry, work on the rotation, etc. But If we want to say "UConn is back" and be a visible, relevant, national team again then a big OOC game at Gampel on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon on National TV is a no-brainer. Not withstanding throwing a bone to the fan base and season ticket holders. Very disappointing.

Reaction Score
I agree wholeheartedly. I always try to take the "high road" approach, but it's difficult to do so in this case. When I look at this schedule, the three words I think of are abysmal, pathetic, and embarrassing. This will be really bad for our NET come Selection Sunday, and g-d forbid we lose one of these games (St. Joes). I understand we need a couple cupcakes to develop chemistry, work on the rotation, etc. But If we want to say "UConn is back" and be a visible, relevant, national team again then a big OOC game at Gampel on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon on National TV is a no-brainer. Not withstanding throwing a bone to the fan base and season ticket holders. Very disappointing.
You think potentially playing Auburn (6 seed in Lunardi preseason bracket), Michigan State (7 seed), Baylor (2 seed), West Virginia (9 seed), and St. Boni (5 seed) in 5 of our 11 OOC games will be really bad for our NET? Complain about the home games, fine, but don't worry about OOC SOS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom