Non conference final-ish results | The Boneyard

Non conference final-ish results

Reaction Score
I went through the big east schedules now that non-conference play is substantially finished to see how we did. Results posted below. Would have liked to swing 1 game against the big10 to have no losing records but overall have to be pleased with a winning record against the major conferences. Villanova actually really showed up here by continuously losing to mid majors and then beating major conference teams. Also I did this quick and acknowledge that I probably missed 1 or 2 total games.

WL
acc
5​
2​
pac
4​
1​
BIG10
7​
9​
BIG12
9​
9​
sec
2​
2​
Overall
27​
23​

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I went through the big east schedules now that non-conference play is substantially finished to see how we did. Results posted below. Would have liked to swing 1 game against the big10 to have no losing records but overall have to be pleased with a winning record against the major conferences. Villanova actually really showed up here by continuously losing to mid majors and then beating major conference teams. Also I did this quick and acknowledge that I probably missed 1 or 2 total games.

WL
acc
5​
2​
pac
4​
1​
BIG10
7​
9​
BIG12
9​
9​
sec
2​
2​
Overall
27​
23​
TYVM

Too bad Nova couldn't stop K State's game-winning 3 in OT to go undefeated in non-Big 5 play.

And yes, I wish Marquette and/or Seton Hall would have joined Creighton in winning the in-state rival game.

Reaction Score
Those numbers aren’t high enough to be statistically significant, BUT they are additional information that the ACC and the PAC are significantly behind the other 4 large basketball conferences (which is shown by most of the computer rankings).

Reaction Score
Those numbers aren’t high enough to be statistically significant, BUT they are additional information that the ACC and the PAC are significantly behind the other 4 large basketball conferences (which is shown by most of the computer rankings).
I look at this information as proof that we belong not that we are superior. When you have the power conference people say the big east is behind we can point to the non conference to prove that at a minimum we belong at the table

Reaction Score
I look at this information as proof that we belong not that we are superior. When you have the power conference people say the big east is behind we can point to the non conference to prove that at a minimum we belong at the table
This is the proper take. The conference has not lived up to our preseason visions of grandeur, but by no means has it been bad. According to KenPom we are in a solid 2nd tier with SEC and Big Ten. Behind the B12 but ahead of ACC and PAC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220-093843~2.png
    Screenshot_20231220-093843~2.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 75
Reaction Score
I love that we’re superior to the ACC. For years, it seemed like the original Big East was playing 2nd fiddle to the ACC. Now that conference is a shell of its former self.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom