NOLA | The Boneyard

NOLA

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Me and @skies88 are headed to Nawlins this weekend for the UConn/Tulane game. Headed to Bruno’s on Maple before the game near campus. Staying in the FQ- any advice on food/places to watch NFL on Sunday (Pathers start at 8:30 local SHEESH) would be appreciated

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Me and @skies88 are headed to Nawlins this weekend for the UConn/Tulane game. Headed to Bruno’s on Maple before the game near campus. Staying in the FQ- any advice on food/places to watch NFL on Sunday (Pathers start at 8:30 local SHEESH) would be appreciated

If you are a beer drinker, hit up The Avenue Pub on St. Charles. There is a sports bar near there as well. Not sure about the food at the sports bar. Avenue Pub has good pub type food and the best tap list in the city.

There is a Tulane/Loyola bar called Cooter Brown's tavern that is good.

For NFL I did enjoy Manning's, especially if it is a nice day and your game is on the outside TV.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This handy thread is on the Travel Page:

[mic drop]

Reaction Score
Cooter Brown's, get the oysters.

Reaction Score
Not good for watching football but if you have a chance go to District Donut and get their egg sandwich on the homemade biscuit. You will thank me. By far the best thing my wife and I ate during our visit there. And we ate a lot of good food.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cooter Brown's, get the oysters.

One of the all-time great "stories" of American history.

Question: Who was Cooter Brown, as in “drunk as Cooter Brown”?

Answer: We called Cooter Brown’s Tavern & Oyster Bar in New Orleans and were given the following story. Cooter Brown lived along the Mason-Dixon line at the time of the Civil War. He had family on both sides, and, not wishing to be drafted by either the North or the South, he decided to get drunk – and stay drunk – so that he wouldn’t have to fight in the war. Inebriety has been measured against Cooter Brown’s extended binge ever since.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We went to the Tulane game a few years back. When we finally made it back to the hotel (it was hard to get an Uber in a monsoon) we were too beat to explore much and we ended up in a nearby dive called Cajun Mike's. I watched the LSU game there. Even went back the next day. Then, as now they have a Groupon! It's a true dive but one with good food.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom