Noel Thomas | The Boneyard

Noel Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Thomas is not getting playing time? I thought he was best player at Spring Game and have hardly seen him this year?

Watching today's game, I have come to some conclusions:

1. Whitmer needs to be relegated to backup duty ASAP. We need to find out if Boyle can play this year and take the training wheels off.
2. Play calling needs to be changed to help the QB. Play action on first down? I have hardly seen it all year. A trick play here and there is needed. Bubble screens would take pressure off the QB. Running on first and second down and then forcing the pass on third down is a good way to get your QB creamed.
3. No one can blame the fan base for the smaller crowds. Watching the games has been an awful experience for three plus years. If your favorite restaurant starts serving crappy food there is only so many times you can justify going back.

I didn't realize this, but my wife told me today she has never seen UCONN win a live game. She is at least 0-10 including the Fiesta Bowl. She can't make the 11/1 game so if they win I told her she needs to stay away from the Rent for awhile.

Having a mini meltdown...

In Diaco We Trust...In Diaco We Trust

Reaction Score
Nice bump! I was gonna start a thread on his performance today. Kid stepped up HUGE in Davis' absence!!! Absolutely clutch!!!!

Two weeks in a row now. And a Connecticut product. Great to see! He has really added some muscle mass in his two years in the program.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Davis and Foxx are clearly NFL caliber. Happy to see the depth for next year and beyond. We'll need to find someone to get these guys the ball. Hint: It isn't Boyle right now.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller9:35pm via TweetDeck
Norwalk's Noel Thomas emerging as a big-play receiving threat for #UConn football team nhregister.com/sports/2014110…

>>“The day I met him I had a chance to identify (his talent),” Diaco said. “He can run; he is big; he has soft hands, body control, runs crisp routes and he just needs to mature in the game as it relates to maturing outside the game. As he continues to grow that, he is going to continue to make plays.”<<

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Good size and speed. He seems to have the ability to get open in all routes (short, medium, long). Now that he is being targeted more, he's really coming through. Great to see!!

Reaction Score
Noel Thomas was a read option QB in high school. A pretty good one too. Maybe he can be our emergency back up next year.

Reaction Score
Love this kid, and not just cause where he is from

Norwalk repped.... met his dad at my daughter's orientation at St. Lukes... Nice guy... Noel Jr is a taller version of him I'm sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom