Noel Thomas= AAC Offensive Player of The Week | The Boneyard

Noel Thomas= AAC Offensive Player of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noel Thomas is paving his way into one the best receivers, UConn has ever had at the FBS level. He serious catches everything in his vicinity and makes plays that are great even to NFL standards.

Reaction Score
And it seems he's only getting better as the competition steps up.

Absolutely. He's setting himself up for a HUGE senior year.

Sad, but I had a thought yesterday: how great could Geremy Davis have been at UConn if he had Shirrefs last year?

With a revolving door of D to C - level QBs for four years he was a solid WR who got drafted.

Imagine if he had Shirrefs?

Reaction Score
Absolutely. He's setting himself up for a HUGE senior year.

Sad, but I had a thought yesterday: how great could Geremy Davis have been at UConn if he had Shirrefs last year?

With a revolving door of D to C - level QBs for four years he was a solid WR who got drafted.

Imagine if he had Shirrefs?

I may get beat up a little for this, but if Whitmer wasn't running for his life 90% of the time, he could have had a lot better numbers. He was a solid QB when the Oline gave him enough time to go through his progessions. That being said, if Cochran didn't get hurt last year I believe that Davis would have had probably the best season in UConn history for a receiver. Next year, with more improvement on the front line, I think Noel Thomas can put up those kind of numbers. Why can't it be Saturday already?!?

Reaction Score
Congrats to Noel. Summers also earned a spot on the weekly honor roll.

11046170_901321879916585_3950319219342843533_n.jpg

Reaction Score
We just need to develop and second great receiver to go along with Noel. Hoping Mayala or Beal become a consistent force next year.

Reaction Score
I may get beat up a little for this, but if Whitmer wasn't running for his life 90% of the time, he could have had a lot better numbers. He was a solid QB when the Oline gave him enough time to go through his progessions. That being said, if Cochran didn't get hurt last year I believe that Davis would have had probably the best season in UConn history for a receiver. Next year, with more improvement on the front line, I think Noel Thomas can put up those kind of numbers. Why can't it be Saturday already?!?

Whitmer was adequate in '12, with the remnants of an Edsall OL. As those players moved on, his play got worse in '13 and '14. It's not likely that his decrease in productivity was a coincidence.

Reaction Score
We just need to develop and second great receiver to go along with Noel. Hoping Mayala or Beal become a consistent force next year.

Beals is going to be the number two guy. He's only a freshman and making phenomenal catches. I can only see him getting better with the development this coaching staff is showing.

Reaction Score
You may be right. Beals has great speed. He started off the season pretty strong but has been quiet most of the second half of the season. Mayala has great size but has had problems hanging on to the ball. McLean also has great size but he has only been thrown the ball a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom