Nobody has mentioned | The Boneyard

Nobody has mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i layed out everything on espn over the past 2 weeks. everything. hell even bl gave me props. i see what espn is doing and we are playing the game. ppl here are freaking out about lville picking the only choice it ever had and susan instead of being quiet giveing us a little note. ppl are going at this the wrong way becuase they are reading espns crap backwards. lville goes to the acc, before it happens susan sends out a little hey stay clam and everyon here freaks out.

OK HFD, I have to fish my decoder ring out of the trash. I do not want to stay clam. I hate feeling clammy.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
i layed out everything on espn over the past 2 weeks. everything. hell even bl gave me props. i see what espn is doing and we are playing the game. ppl here are freaking out about lville picking the only choice it ever had and susan instead of being quiet giveing us a little note. ppl are going at this the wrong way becuase they are reading espns crap backwards. lville goes to the acc, before it happens susan sends out a little hey stay clam and everyon here freaks out.

I'm going to revoke my "HFD should stay" vote if you don't clarify "susan sends out a little hey stay clam". WTF are you trying to say your sources are telling you? Sit tight, matter of time before B1G comes calling? Matter of time before FSU follows the $$ and acc begrudgingly invites UConn. Elaborate a bit, please. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm going to revoke my "HFD should stay" vote if you don't clarify "susan sends out a little hey stay clam". WTF are you trying to say your sources are telling you? Sit tight, matter of time before B1G comes calling? Matter of time before FSU follows the $$ and acc begrudgingly invites UConn. Elaborate a bit, please. Thanks in advance for the clarification.

i have posted a ton of stuff the past couple days explaining uconns sposition. read them.

"susan sends out a little hey stay calm". i type clam for calm wrong and this board jumps ship. i have done a lot worse with a keyboard...susan and warde sent out a huge check in to the fanbase today. they know the lville to the acc was going to look bad for uconn and espn was going to pump it like that to devalue us saying we lost in the pecking order. its all bs on the acc/espn part. they are upset that uconn wasn't a acc lock when they called and we had b10 dreams. so they went elsewhere scared of a pr nightmare from uconn going to the b10 over the acc. uva is all but gone to the b10 at this point and its clear that espn/acc thinks this the way they keep saying there could be more movement soon. what they don't know is who is paired with uva to the b10 and to cover there own butts they want to make sure they don't touch uconn becuase if uconn is that paired school then its a dumpster fire pr wise for espn/acc. if the b10 makes its move and uconn isn't picked, then we are a lock for the acc for several reasons. one is we are and still are the best left and now espn/acc knows that uconn isn't going to take that invite and run to the b10. espn/acc made the only play it had which was lville. it was safe from all standpoints. lvilles value is not enough to get the b12 to take them, they are never going to the sec and the b10 is a laugh academics wise so the acc was there only hope. they will be there for ever like bc and cuse. o they got the deal done quick so that it could temporarily give the acc/espn good perception and also for thursday nights sake pr wise.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
UVA is all but gone at this point??? In what time frame? If MD gets out of the 50 mil? Won't that drag on forever? Isn't "all but gone" really a long way from Gone... After all, Uconn was a sure bet to "slide in" to Maryland'd ACC spot.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
i have posted a ton of stuff the past couple days explaining uconns sposition. read them.

"susan sends out a little hey stay calm". i type clam for calm wrong and this board jumps ship. i have done a lot worse with a keyboard...susan and warde sent out a huge check in to the fanbase today. they know the lville to the acc was going to look bad for uconn and espn was going to pump it like that to devalue us saying we lost in the pecking order. its all bs on the acc/espn part. they are upset that uconn wasn't a acc lock when they called and we had b10 dreams. so they went elsewhere scared of a pr nightmare from uconn going to the b10 over the acc. uva is all but gone to the b10 at this point and its clear that espn/acc thinks this the way they keep saying there could be more movement soon. what they don't know is who is paired with uva to the b10 and to cover there own butts they want to make sure they don't touch uconn becuase if uconn is that paired school then its a dumpster fire pr wise for espn/acc. if the b10 makes its move and uconn isn't picked, then we are a lock for the acc for several reasons. one is we are and still are the best left and now espn/acc knows that uconn isn't going to take that invite and run to the b10. espn/acc made the only play it had which was lville. it was safe from all standpoints. lvilles value is not enough to get the b12 to take them, they are never going to the sec and the b10 is a laugh academics wise so the acc was there only hope. they will be there for ever like bc and cuse. o they got the deal done quick so that it could temporarily give the acc/espn good perception and also for thursday nights sake pr wise.

Thanks. You can stay on the BY. Even if only 6% of your theory is based on sources, I'll take it. Jurich's quote does however conflict w your theory though: "They already had UConn - not penciled in - penned in".

As a non-HFD hater, keep the optimistic theories coming!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So why aren't we in the B1G RIGHT duck*ING NOW?

sorry, I'm being belligerent, I guess I need to drink more.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So why aren't we in the B1G RIGHT duck*ING NOW?

sorry, I'm being belligerent, I guess I need to drink more.

they need to take a acc team that can expose the buyout first with a easy get(ruty). once they expose the buyout with md, then they can pull a prize team(uva ) and a 2nd team for a pair. hopefully uconn as unc seems to want to stay south...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
First off, it seems insane to me that the ACC didn't offer us because they think we're going to tbe B1G.

Second, can people stop using "dumpster fire"? I've literally seen it used four times on this board in the last two days. Find a cool new way of saying something is bad.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
they need to take a acc team that can expose the buyout first with a easy get(ruty). once they expose the buyout with md, then they can pull a prize team(uva ) and a 2nd team for a pair. hopefully uconn as unc seems to want to stay south...
If UConn had any kind of chance of landing a B1G invite the ACC would have swooped in while they had the opportunity and taken us, Louisville and Cincy. In fact according to Blaudschun that was one of three plans Swofford put forward. They decided on one team, thanks to Jurich's lobbying and the threat of the B12 interest in UL (real or not) the ACC added UL.

I mean, I hope you get proven right, I really do... but seeing as how the southern schools passed on UConn at least in part because our stadium is smallish and we don't sell out as well as Louisville (recently) doesn't give me confidence that the B1G wants us. I think we're 5 years away from proving ourselves as B1G material but we're going to have a shiity-ass platform to do that now. Again... maybe I need to drink more. And maybe sacrifice some lambs or something so that your premonition can come true.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If UConn had any kind of chance of landing a B1G invite the ACC would have swooped in while they had the opportunity and taken us, Louisville and Cincy. In fact according to Blaudschun that was one of three plans Swofford put forward. They decided on one team, thanks to Jurich's lobbying and the threat of the B12 interest in UL (real or not) the ACC added UL.

I mean, I hope you get proven right, I really do... but seeing as how the southern schools passed on UConn at least in part because our stadium is smallish and we don't sell out as well as Louisville (recently) doesn't give me confidence that the B1G wants us. I think we're 5 years away from proving ourselves as B1G material but we're going to have a shiity-ass platform to do that now. Again... maybe I need to drink more. And maybe sacrifice some lambs or something so that your premonition can come true.

i would sacrafice a chicken becuase that would be what jobu would want. uconn took the acc invite and told them to hang on while we worked on the b10. the acc knows this and acted elsewhere. i would rather wait on the b10 then just asap join the acc. if the b10 doesn't work out then that means they invited other teams and in that cae more acc slots will be open in which then we can join the acc. patience wins this time around for uconn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
First off, it seems insane to me that the ACC didn't offer us because they think we're going to tbe B1G.

Second, can people stop using "dumpster fire"? I've literally seen it used four times on this board in the last two days. Find a cool new way of saying something is bad.

baby in a dumpster on fire? that better?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Dumpster fires aren't bad, they're harmless.

Dumpsters are big, self contained metal blocks. Yeah it sucks if you were sleeping in the dumpster when it catches fire or if you accidently threw out a mattress with a ton of money stashed in it, but otherwise dumpster fires are fun to look at. Not necessarily fun to smell, but, at the end of the day, you can put it out with a garden hose.

Reaction Score

Dan: if the risk of the Ten taking us is why the ACC had to take LV, would you bother explaining to the logically challenged (like me) why Clemson and FSU were smart enough to figure this out but not Duke and UNC and Wake? Who voted for us?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan: if the risk of the Ten taking us is why the ACC had to take LV, would you bother explaining to the logically challenged (like me) why Clemson and FSU were smart enough to figure this out but not Duke and UNC and Wake? Who voted for us?

the voting stuff is all bs that ppl say they get from sources. just like when they say it was a 100% vote yes for a school. it wasn't the first tiem they do it. but if they get a majority then they retake it so all say yes and it looks good on paper for perception. the uconn vote is a devalue thing from the acc/espn persepctive.

Reaction Score

That was you that dropped those lambs off in Middletown today?

Thank God, HFD clarified the Clam for Calm thing. I initially interpreted that along the lines of who doesn't like a bearded clam.

Reaction Score
So both uconn and ville were a threat to join other conferences so they had to pick one of those before they got snatched up so they picked the one outside their footprint and academic standards? yes..makes sense..

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
i would sacrafice a chicken becuase that would be what jobu would want. uconn took the acc invite and told them to hang on while we worked on the b10. the acc knows this and acted elsewhere. i would rather wait on the b10 then just asap join the acc. if the b10 doesn't work out then that means they invited other teams and in that cae more acc slots will be open in which then we can join the acc. patience wins this time around for uconn.

Ok, I'm convinced. #B1GHARDER. I'm on the bus.

Just so I can tell the GF to shut #*k up and return to Jersey Shore reruns the next time she admonishes me for allowing my day to day mood to be governed by the musings of drunks and 34-year old virgins living in mommy's attic, is (a) there any source behind your theory, or (b) the theory completely your opinion?

I always preferred multiple choice over essay. Thanks for playing.

#B1GHARDER

GO UCONN!!

BEAT CINCY!!

(And UNH too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads