Noah Dickerson (Committed to Washington) | The Boneyard

Noah Dickerson (Committed to Washington)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Kid was originally a Georgetown commit, but they recruited over him. Then Florida, and Donovan left.

No idea if we've ever been involved, but I'd love it if we showed interest. He's a wide-bodied PF who's more skillful than athletic - sort of a poor man's Jared Sullinger. He's a consensus top-60 recruit.

I would expect most/all of the ACC heavy hitters will go after him. He's from Georgia (get him, Ricky!).

Reaction Score

Kid was originally a Georgetown commit, but they recruited over him. Then Florida, and Donovan left.

No idea if we've ever been involved, but I'd love it if we showed interest. He's a wide-bodied PF who's more skillful than athletic - sort of a poor man's Jared Sullinger. He's a consensus top-60 recruit.

I would expect most/all of the ACC heavy hitters will go after him. He's from Georgia (get him, Ricky!).

Already 5 deep at the two front-court spots, don't really need him

Reaction Score
It seems like UConn has rarely recruited - or rarely been a landing spot for - these type of players. Gavin Edwards is the last one that comes to mind.

Reaction Score
Already 5 deep at the two front-court spots, don't really need him
Need is an interesting word here, and maybe mis-applied.

Do we need Dickerson as an essential part of any run we could make next year? Probably not.

Does the program need a 4-star, true PF who can pass from the post, has decent range, and is the type of talent who stays in school for four years? I'd be shocked if anyone says "no" to that.

Reaction Score
Need is an interesting word here, and maybe mis-applied.

Do we need Dickerson as an essential part of any run we could make next year? Probably not.

Does the program need a 4-star, true PF who can pass from the post, has decent range, and is the type of talent who stays in school for four years? I'd be shocked if anyone says "no" to that.
That description sounds like a certain player from Norwalk who is already signed sealed and delivered

Reaction Score
That description sounds like a certain player from Norwalk who is already signed sealed and delivered
By all accounts Dickerson is much more polished, and showed it in head-to-head match-ups with Enoch by bullying him in the post.

Enoch is younger, longer and has more NBA-style upside. And he honestly might be more of a center in college than a PF.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I love Dickerson's game. Don't think he'd want to be with Enoch in the same class though.

Reaction Score
By all accounts Dickerson is much more polished, and showed it in head-to-head match-ups with Enoch by bullying him in the post.

Enoch is younger, longer and has more NBA-style upside. And he honestly might be more of a center in college than a PF.
I agree Enoch does have the body potential to be a center, but i think Dickerson will probably be a center when playing at a top program as well, there aren't many wide body, post-up pf's anymore

Reaction Score
I agree Enoch does have the body potential to be a center, but i think Dickerson will probably be a center when playing at a top program as well, there aren't many wide body, post-up pf's anymore
Fair point. Randle was in that role for last year's UK, though he's a much better player/prospect than Dickerson.

Given Dickerson's passing ability and mid-range game, the guy I'm thinking of is Kanacevic from St. Joe's. I agree with you that teams are moving away from that sort of thing, but imagine if Larry Brown got his hands on a player like that - kid would average 6 assists a game.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
If he doesn't get a release then he would be a transfer, so would have to sit out next season.

We certainly have the room in terms of available scholarships...essentially he would be a class of 2016 roster addition with the benefit of practicing next year with the team.
I have no idea of he is interested in UConn, nor whether Coach KO will be recruiting him.

PN will definitely be gone after next season and there is probably a 50% chance that AB will leave after next season, so building front court depth would not be a bad idea.

caw

Reaction Score

You sure you aren't getting Derrickson (Georgetown via Brewster) and Dickerson (Georgetown then Florida now available)?

I don't believe Dickerson and Enoch matched up this high school year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You sure you aren't getting Derrickson (Georgetown via Brewster) and Dickerson (Georgetown then Florida now available)?

I'm not too sure, but I believe that Dickerson attends IMG Academy. Don't the big name prep schools from different parts of the country occasionally play at showcases?

Reaction Score
Derrickson is the one who worked Enoch. If Dickerson played Enoch this year, I haven't seen it.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm not too sure, but I believe that Dickerson attends IMG Academy. Don't the big name prep schools from different parts of the country occasionally play at showcases?

Montverde, not aware of them playing.

Reaction Score
Derrickson played with Adams last year at Brewster. He's a 6'8" PF who is quite skilled inside & out. He signed with GTown. Dickerson had also committed to GTown but decommitted after Govan committed. I think we offered Dickerson but were never a serious contender. He's similar enough to Enoch so I can't see us going after Dickerson, but you never know.

Reaction Score

Derrickson is the one who worked Enoch. If Dickerson played Enoch this year, I haven't seen it.
Turns out you guys are correct - I got the two mixed up. Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom