Noah Collier | The Boneyard

Noah Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If it comes down to an either or with Springs and Collier for next year, does anyone who has seen them play have a scouting report on their strengths and weaknesses and how they would fit for us?

Reaction Score
Watching Springs 2-3x I never saw anything suggesting he would be an impact player that was prolific at rebounding, rim protecting, low post scoring, shooting with range, defense in the paint. He was just another player on the court that on those occasions didn't show he would address our needs in a way that improves the team. Other people have expressed interest in him so I would be real curious what his strengths were in their view. The 2-3 games I saw were last summer were over only a couple days so maybe he was in a slump, but there wasn't even a single play showing anything at all, including significant effort. The only rebounds he got went straight to him uncontested. My sample size is limited so maybe wrong.

C

Chief00

Watching Springs 2-3x I never saw anything suggesting he would be an impact player that was prolific at rebounding, rim protecting, low post scoring, shooting with range, defense in the paint. He was just another player on the court that on those occasions didn't show he would address our needs in a way that improves the team. Other people have expressed interest in him so I would be real curious what his strengths were in their view. The 2-3 games I saw were last summer were over only a couple days so maybe he was in a slump, but there wasn't even a single play showing anything at all, including significant effort. The only rebounds he got went straight to him uncontested. My sample size is limited so maybe wrong.
He’s not the type of player who is going to “show”’well in a summer AAU game. Note, I did not say he was a great talent or difference maker - just that he would compete and be a good teammate. You need a couple of those types on the team too.
Thanks for the feedback, as much as Chief works at it, I can always refine my messaging to better communicate my thoughts. Feedback allows that process to start.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how the scholarship situation works out. At this rate we have 3 scholarships for 2020. Our priorities are Andre Jackson, Cliff Omoruyi, and Diarra/Langford.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how the scholarship situation works out. At this rate we have 3 scholarships for 2020. Our priorities are Andre Jackson, Cliff Omoruyi, and Diarra/Langford.

I don't think this staff has made any moves on Langford. But I may be mistaken.

I'd probably in Cam Thomas too as a stretch. Collier too as more of a safety. Not sure if Nate Tabor is a realistic option for us, but the staff has been in contact.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Collier is much better than Springs IMO.

Doesn't sound like Cliff is very realistic now that Cal is involved. I know Kenya has some good Virginia/DC big man relationships in this class. I think we will go that route if we miss on Collier.

Reaction Score
Saw him twice during the prep season and agree with your observations. Never came away with wow that is a kid we have to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom