No Worries! | The Boneyard

No Worries!

Reaction Score
The UConn coaches and players will figure this out and be a better team as a result. Sometimes crisis prompts us to make changes that in retrospect we should have been doing anyways - Double Bigs comes to mind.
Now it is also about playing tough and drawing fouls.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The UConn coaches and players will figure this out and be a better team as a result. Sometimes crisis prompts us to make changes that in retrospect we should have been doing anyways - Double Bigs comes to mind.
I’m hoping to see it. I wish it wasn’t coming against McDermott. Nobody will make it harder to play our game. He doesn’t let you do what you want and forces you to adapt. Hurley tends to think he can win by just playing his game, but better. It’s not the case. If we win it will be because Newton or Alleyne or Karaban had a big game. Maybe even Jackson if he goes hard to the rim.

Reaction Score
I'm optimistic about the game. This team has only played less than half a season together. They need to face different obstacles to really gel and this Creighton team was our biggest problem last year. Big win today.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping to see it. I wish it wasn’t coming against McDermott. Nobody will make it harder to play our game. He doesn’t let you do what you want and forces you to adapt. Hurley tends to think he can win by just playing his game, but better. It’s not the case. If we win it will be because Newton or Alleyne or Karaban had a big game. Maybe even Jackson if he goes hard to the rim.
I just have a feeling our Bigs will explode today, along with Hawkins. I get it a tough matchup but they were 9-13 against PC. If they were 18-26 we would have won.
But, either way over the next week we will fix these problems. Rather the slump come early January than late February/March.

Reaction Score
I expect us to win this game going away today. Hurley needs to use our depth, especially against this thin Creighton team. If we’re up 5 at halftime we will blow the doors off of them in the 2nd half. Lots of pent up frustration right now and I suspect Creighton is going to be the recipient of it.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I'm glad it's against McDermott. This is a great opportunity to finally get a win against Creighton.

Reaction Score
My daughter is at the game. She said someone told her the ref that ejected Hurley vs Nova is one of the refs today?

If so whoooo boy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just have a feeling our Bigs will explode today, along with Hawkins. I get it a tough matchup but they were 9-13 against PC. If they were 18-26 we would have won.
But, either way over the next week we will fix these problems. Rather the slump come early January than late February/March.

I'll go on record and suggest if there are 26 or more FGA between Sanogo and Clingan, UConn loses.

Reaction Score
Two players will impact this game more any others. Hawkins and Joey C.

If both aren’t hitting shots again it’s going to be really really difficult to get a W.

And if the transfer foursome, which supplies most of our depth (Newton notwithstanding) doesn’t produce ,,,again will be really really difficult to get a W.

I’m not worried at all about our 4/5 position players. It’s the one, two, three positions that haven’t produced in the last two games. At least not as they were earlier before these last two games.

Reaction Score
Does Hurley get ejected in the 1st or 2nd half? ;)
CB4DBBB1-0AAF-4ADE-8B77-068EFFA8ED26.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We were both wrong I think

???????????

They combined for 23 shots today so my comment never came in to play.

I never said or suggested combining for less than 26 leads to a win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
???????????

They combined for 23 shots today so my comment never came in to play.

I never said or suggested combining for less than 26 leads to a win.
Ok, sure Jan.

Reaction Score
Here we go again why is Karaban guarding Kaluma? Jackson should be on him. Let’s see if Hurley waits the entire game before making a change
Sounds like you don’t know Creighton. AJ is guarding their best player Schertonmeoier #55. The reason you didn’t notice how good is was because the best defensive player in the country was on him. That would be Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Agree. Hope the team learns from the losses and doesn’t repeat their same strategies that don’t work and expect different results. That would be the definition of insanity.

Great win today. Time to exhale and continue to improve

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom