NO WAY - the ConFLiCT trophy found | The Boneyard

NO WAY - the ConFLiCT trophy found

Reaction Score
1637386486984.gif

It’s alive!

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Word on the street is it's a fake/recreation.

I kind of see that as a good sign though. If UCF recreated the thing, then they care enough about it that it kind of is a real rivalry now.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We are already such an embarrassment due to our play on the field that this whole thing doesn't even bother me anymore. The fact that UCF even posted this shows that they care that they are playing us. I kind of think that's cool. They are off to the Big 12 and could just see this as an easy game vs a team that is trash. Yet they decided to have some fun with it and bring back the ridiculous little history that exists. This isn't turning it into a rivalry game, but it shows that they have some care about playing us (even if it's an easy W).

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We are already such an embarrassment due to our play on the field that this whole thing doesn't even bother me anymore. The fact that UCF even posted this shows that they care that they are playing us. I kind of think that's cool. They are off to the Big 12 and could just see this as an easy game vs a team that is trash. Yet they decided to have some fun with it and bring back the ridiculous little history that exists. This isn't turning it into a rivalry game, but it shows that they have some care about playing us (even if it's an easy W).

The backlash, nationally, has always been stupid here. You have teams playing for spittoons, buckets, pig statues, and hats, but we can't make up a trophy? Why TF not?

Reaction Score
It’s cool that UCF is having fun with it - made me chuckle. The Civil Conflict, what a horrendous idea but so Bob Diaco.
It was a classic wacky Bob idea. That said, UCF making a trophy and posting a video on Twitter is great! Years from now, if UConn and UCF play football, there will be stories about the Civil ConFLICT. Heck, there are a ton of stories on today’s game due to the trophy.

BTW, since the trophy was made, the series is tied 2-2. Bring the (fake) trophy home!!

Reaction Score
Any attention is good attention. If you don’t want to be made fun of, get better. Is this a pay game?

Reaction Score
Winner gets to eat cake. The loser eats fish cakes. Bob has the recipe.

Reaction Score
All jokes aside UCF is a P5 team now on our future schedule .... upgrade. Having something like this even if it's a laughed at is a good thing for our independent program going forward.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mail it to Disco to keep in his man cave forever...
Nah… He just put it in a lockbox, in a chest and tie it with chains and throw it in the bottom of the ocean, or whatever insanity he said when he was last asked about it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
All jokes aside UCF is a P5 team now on our future schedule .... upgrade. Having something like this even if it's a laughed at is a good thing for our independent program going forward.
Isn't this a one off? I'd love to play them again though.

Reaction Score
UConn has (or had) the trophy. This video shows someone, apparently from UConn, picking up the trophy at the end of the game. Starts at 7:05:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

There is more lore about this trophy than a lot of others. We keep getting blasted for not having traditions. This is now a legit one and it's origins are no less silly than those of other schools

Embrace it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom