No Upsets Yesterday | The Boneyard

No Upsets Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Both #1 and #2 seeds won. I expect to see the same today. So much for parity.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Both #1 and #2 seeds won. I expect to see the same today. So much for parity.

Who said there was parity? Everyone has been saying it's the top 4 and everyone else. I think that this could be a 1 seed final 4.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Who said there was parity? Everyone has been saying it's the top 4 and everyone else. I think that this could be a 1 seed final 4.
Well, if it ends up all #1s against #2s, that would be top 8, and everyone else. I don't think anyone predicted that. Although it hasn't happened yet.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If ND, maryland, Kentucky, and UConn all win, this will be the fourth time all #1 and #2 seeds advanced to the E8. Interestingly, the only time all top seeds advanced to the Final Four was not one of those previous three seasons.

Of the four games today, the one with the most obvious potential for an "upset" is A&M-Maryland. ND should handle St B. Kentucky has played poorly so far, but I don't buy the zags away from home until I see them do it. Penn State always has the puncher's chance because of the three point shooting, but UConn is well aware of that. I have to think that, with several days to gameplan, UConn will have come up with an approach to limiting Penn State offensively. UConn playing its A game isn't losing to Penn State.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If ND, maryland, Kentucky, and UConn all win, this will be the fourth time all #1 and #2 seeds advanced to the E8. Interestingly, the only time all top seeds advanced to the Final Four was not one of those previous three seasons.

Of the four games today, the one with the most obvious potential for an "upset" is A&M-Maryland. ND should handle St B. Kentucky has played poorly so far, but I don't buy the zags away from home until I see them do it. Penn State always has the puncher's chance because of the three point shooting, but UConn is well aware of that. I have to think that, with several days to gameplan, UConn will have come up with an approach to limiting Penn State offensively. UConn playing its A game isn't losing to Penn State.

Good call! TAM-MD was a great game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99