No Tweets of Rumors but, | The Boneyard

No Tweets of Rumors but,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
my gut tells me that the ACC is negotiating with ESPN to see what could become of a 15 team ACC with both UConn and L'ville, or whether they stay at 13 for a while. The huge negative that UConn has always had with the ACC is that UConn will always be there for the taking.

The ACC football schools are playing hardball after giving into the hoops schools with the addition of Pitt and 'Cuse. The ACC has the difficult decision between it's academic integrity, TV markets, geography vs. perceived football prowess.

Reaction Score
my gut tells me that the ACC is negotiating with ESPN to see what could become of a 15 team ACC with both UConn and L'ville, or whether they stay at 13 for a while. The huge negative that UConn has always had with the ACC is that UConn will always be there for the taking.

The ACC football schools are playing hardball after giving into the hoops schools with the addition of Pitt and 'Cuse. The ACC has the difficult decision between it's academic integrity, TV markets, geography vs. perceived football prowess.
Well, to be fair, isn't that what the ACC thought about Rutgers? Last year, Rutgers and UConn were #beggingharder, and the logic was "well, they'll always be there." That didn't work out. The ACC would have much preferred Rutgers and UConn than Louisville and UConn. Flagship universities that would have made them contiguous from Florida to Mass, and would have made them grab all those markets. They waited because of ND, hoping to get ND to go all in. They didn't. Now the ACC lost Maryland and Rutgers.

Sometimes the "well, they'll always be there for you" backfires pretty badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom