No tippin' Pippen | The Boneyard

No tippin' Pippen

Reaction Score
Scottie has always been a strange and jealous guy but he's really ruining his legacy with this stuff. I get that there's some things going on in his life but still, this is a really bad look...

Scottie Pippen says Phil Jackson is a 'racist' who tried to 'expose' Kobe Bryant

Reaction Score
I watched the interview live. It was as awkward as you'd expect given Pippen's recent behavior. I know he's been through a lot of personal crap recently but damn, he is one bitter, bitter man.
  • This dude is still not over a play call from 27 years ago from a game his team won.
  • He really likes referring to himself in the 3rd person.
  • DP handled the interview very well. Pushed Pippen a bit and stood his ground, but didn't push too hard.
  • I'm not even going to touch the racism aspect of this.

Reaction Score
Phil definitely has a questionable history with comments pertaining to race but we've gotten to a point where racism/stereotyping/insensitivity/ignorance is all rolled up into one and labeled as racist.

Reaction Score
Phil definitely has a questionable history with comments pertaining to race but we've gotten to a point where racism/stereotyping/insensitivity/ignorance is all rolled up into one and labeled as racist.
That's cute

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Everyone’s talking about his new bourbon at least

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Phil may be racist (don’t have the full info to say) but calling that the explanation for that play is just an insecure person trying to fabreeze the s&@! Smell off of an all time bad look moment

Reaction Score
Scottie is acting like his soon-to-be funky ex-wife..If you know what I'm sayin'

Tonto would never say that about the Lone Ranger!

Think Scottie's publisher is trying to sell his new book!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I watched the interview live. It was as awkward as you'd expect given Pippen's recent behavior. I know he's been through a lot of personal crap recently but damn, he is one bitter, bitter man.
  • This dude is still not over a play call from 27 years ago from a game his team won.
  • He really likes referring to himself in the 3rd person.
  • DP handled the interview very well. Pushed Pippen a bit and stood his ground, but didn't push too hard.
  • I'm not even going to touch the racism aspect of this.

As Jordan said about Scottie's actions, it's always going to come back to haunt him. 27 years later and here we are.
Dude threw a hissy fit and abandoned his team in the biggest moment of the season because Phil called the play for Scottie to inbound to Kukoc for the last shot. A play they already ran for Kukoc for a game winner during the season, Kukoc drained that one and two other game winning shots that season...once again Kukoc drilled it. Pippen didn't celebrate with the team and left a pall over the series they would eventually lose. By the way, Scottie was I believe 0 for his last 7 before the play call for Kukoc who was the better shooter/clutch shooter. It's still haunting him 27 years later and he keeps digging a deeper hole.

He was never too interesting or likable but the dude is just trashing himself now, it's just bad decision after bad decision. Kind of sad to watch.

Reaction Score
He has the the maturity level of teenager…a spoiled one. Sad to watch

Reaction Score
Scottie no tippin pippin been tripping, has anyone seen this dude lately he looks like he needs serious help.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I love Pip as a player, always have. Loved him my whole life. He's acting really odd and the racist stuff, even if Phil has some of that, is not the reason for that play call. Others have said it already, but he's acting like a baby that can't get over something HE screwed up 27 years ago. Trying his best to cover up his own actions.

Reaction Score
i never could root for pip. Weak, soft, selfish. his mistake 27/years ago was only one of many, worst teammate ever

Reaction Score
Pippin has some mental problems. Possibly bipolar with delusions. I hope it gets straightened out.

Giving Kukoc the ball was insulting to Pippin, he was a top 3 player in the league back then. Most great players would have been upset. The fact he took himself out of the game was a bit much but people forget, Kukoc was hyped as Europe’s Jordan and other nonsense. Scottie wasn’t getting his due and he wasnt paid fairly. When Jordan temporarily left, Scottie carried them like a superstar should. He proved he was legit on his own.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Maybe Pippin's problem is with Jordan? If Kukoc was hyped as Europe's Pippin he'd feel better?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Pippen was/is a lot of things but weak and soft aren't two of them. Bulls don't win six without him.

Reaction Score
The New York Knicks would disagree. I remember this series vividly and those are the two adjectives that come to mind

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Giving Kukoc the ball was insulting to Pippin, he was a top 3 player in the league back then. Most great players would have been upset.
I remember the Celtic's bypassing Bird to give DJ the GW shot try. Everyone was ecstatic when it dropped, including Larry. The greats care about the W first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom