No SNY! | The Boneyard

No SNY!

Reaction Score
I just found out that my Comcast provider has dropped the SNY network... I am so upset.... I live in Massachusetts... and, have watched every UCONN women basketball game for the past 6 years.... please help... what options do I have???

Reaction Score
I just found out that my Comcast provider has dropped the SNY network... I am so upset.... I live in Massachusetts... and, have watched every UCONN women basketball game for the past 6 years.... please help... what options do I have???
OK you can come back off the ledge. Assuming your Comcast package includes ESPN, you can stream all the SNY games on ESPN3 (free) or ESPN+ ($5/mo) - no word yet on which games will be carried by whom, etc.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Another option is DirecTV. I have it. Like you, I've seen every UConn Women’s basketball game in the last 6-7 years. Some folks don't like DirecTV, I do. I'm very happy with it. It may not be the best option, but it is an option. They do carry SNY. Good luck. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score

There's the reason right there. Head bang

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You do have to pay DirecTV an extra fee for the Sports package that will include SNY, unless you are in SNY's home market, but then you can cancel it once the season is over and then sign up again when the next season starts.

Reaction Score
I'm in Massachusetts and have DirecTV. I was able to finagle with them to add ONLY SNY and ONLY during predetermined dates (so I don't have to call back to remember to cancel it, etc.)

Reaction Score
Good job finagling. You can always change your viewing choices online at Directv.com. You can't finagle online. I have found that if you present a common sense solution, they will abide by your recommendation.
They wanted to give me the Game channel for three months once. I said thanks but no thanks. I will take Showtime instead. They gave me Showtime.:)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just want to say as a DTV subscriber that the ATT take over has sucked the big one. Software has gone down hill fast and fees have sky rocketed. Break up ATT ... er, oh wait, they did that before and then .... DTV is little value and big bucks. I'd be outta there but wifey is a Legacy hold out.

Reaction Score
I sound like a broken record; If you have high speed internet, you can see every SNY game on ESPN3, and maybe ESPN3+, not sure how that will play out this year. You can either watch games on a PC or laptop or use a Rolu or other streaming device and watch it on TV.
Better yet, don't get any cable tv. I haven't had it for 5 years, my antennae gets all the national networks, and my internet can stream whatever I want. Last year using my Roku, I subscribed to Sling, but then dropped it in favor of 39.95+ Hulu plus because they had CBS Sports and 50 sports channels. Only kept it for 2 months, you activate and disconnect online, no arguments with CSR.
We don't miss cable, my fingers were hurting from trying to find something actually good to watch or muting all the commercials. Same problems with Sling or Hulu+, but a lot cheaper! My antennae gets 6 PBS stations (Central Florida), my antennae is 6 foot high in my screen room.
If you do not know how to set up a streaming device (Roku, Amazon Fire, etc) Do a Google search, it is very easy.

Reaction Score
Will I be able to stream UConn games on my tv with Amazon Fire????

Reaction Score
Hulu live streaming might cover SNY... I have Hulu, but I think the live streaming is different.

Reaction Score
Will I be able to stream UConn games on my tv with Amazon Fire????

It depends where your high speed internet is from and whether they get access to ESPN3, and also depends on where ESPN puts the Uconn games, If they stay on ESPN3 or get moved to ESPN+. More will be known before the season starts. If you have a laptop or Desktop, go to www.ESPNwatch.com , it shows for 4.99 month you can get ESPN+, but not certain where the girls will be yet.

Reaction Score
I
It depends where your high speed internet is from and whether they get access to ESPN3, and also depends on where ESPN puts the Uconn games, If they stay on ESPN3 or get moved to ESPN+. More will be known before the season starts. If you have a laptop or Desktop, go to www.ESPNwatch.com , it shows for 4.99 month you can get ESPN+, but not certain where the girls will be yet.
I mean go to WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights and see if you can get any of the espn3 channels.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I just want to say as a DTV subscriber that the ATT take over has sucked the big one. Software has gone down hill fast and fees have sky rocketed. Break up ATT ... er, oh wait, they did that before and then .... DTV is little value and big bucks. I'd be outta there but wifey is a Legacy hold out.
Not really sure on that. I agree they have gone downhill and prices have gone up. Just not sure on the exact timing.

That said, we still love our DTV - since I don't want to fuss with all that streaming stuff. Plus NFL Sunday Ticket, the real reason we haven't switched.

My biggest issue is they keep changing their software.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom