No Signing Event @ The Dog House... | The Boneyard

No Signing Event @ The Dog House...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My bad if this is old news, mods can delete. In conversation with the ticket office today I found out there will be no signing event at Rentschler this year. I was told it would have been a conflict with a basketball game and also a hocky game.
Last year was canceled due to snow 1st down deep, understood. The year before they actually had the UCONN St Johns game on the big screen after the event. Nothing earth shattering but this event was all about selling tickets with exposure / meet and greets with the coaches etc. Was hoping to meet our new O line coach.
Not sure why Warde and Bob would not just schedule this for another day but it was the first mental sack of 2015 for me and four others. Always enjoyed it.
I was told they will be streaming some kind of event to replace this. Not sure how many seasons tickets that is going to sell. Next teaser, spring practice or will it all be closed again?

Reaction Score
This sucks, a couple of years ago there was a conflict with a mbb game at XL and they had it in the exhibition space downstairs. Absolutely NO reason they can't do that again. It's not like we didn't just have 22,000 fans in Hartford last weekend! Small time attitudes prevail

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is crap and makes UCONN look second rate when other schools are having signing day events and UCONN isn't.

Reaction Score
I really don’t want to turn into one of those negative Nancy’s, but this just might have done it for me. If this is true, and I have to believe it is at this point. This has been by far one of the best attended FB events attended by dedicated fans, year after year. Plus this is season ticket renewal year, where UConn should be doing anything it can to promote a program that unfortunately is steadily going downhill. Come on now, this is just another example that these guys just don’t get it…

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Who can we reach out to to correct this?

Reaction Score
sad.png

Reaction Score
Who can we reach out to correct this?

UConnMHOC v. Providence @ XL @ 7:05p

UConnMBB v. ECU @ Gampel @7:00p

There has to be some creativity even w/ stretched athletic department support staff.

Reaction Score
This is incredibly disappointing. Always a great time. Gets people excited for next season. I am in Diaco's corner and I think he would be excellent at this event. Not that I don't believe you but hope it is not true.

Reaction Score
There doesn't appear to be any conflicts with Thursday, 2/5. I hope they don't cancel this event, I look forward to it each year.

Reaction Score
Why can't they just hold it earlier in the day for crying out loud...or the next day like some have suggested. Have the damn thing at 4pm est so folks can still have time to make it to the hockey game that is literally 10 min away and a half hour drive to Gample. The Gample will be filled with students that probably wouldn't be going to signing day anyways. Not cool.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Operator: GM, UConn Athletic Dept.
Boneyarder: Mike Enright please.
Operator: May I ask who is calling?
Boneyarder: (Insert Name). I would like to discuss another failure of the Athletic Dept, specifically the lack of a signing day event for the football team.
Operator: Please hold.

Operator: Hey Mike, another disgruntled season ticketholder/Boneyarder, line 2...

LewConn has it correct: Plus this is season ticket renewal year, where UConn should be doing anything it can to promote a program that unfortunately is steadily going downhill. Come on now, this is just another example that these guys just don’t get it…

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Maybe Medic will run a signing day event for us BY's?
He seems to have a pretty good pulse on the recruiting, Medic??

Reaction Score
Maybe Medic will run a signing day event for us BY's?
He seems to have a pretty good pulse on the recruiting, Medic??

Hang on, I'll send you an address.

The Signing Day Event from a recruiting perspective is pretty much anticlimactic by the time it occurs w/ the social media frenzy that occurs during the day leading up to it. They UConn and new staff did a good job last year with updates and videos during the day.

That said - it's a shame if they don't come up w/ an alternative date/event/ location (like the Burton/Shankman complex prior to Spring Practice starting) for a UConn Football fan engagement soirée.

Reaction Score
No signing day while we're playing ECU in basketball at Gample... if that doesn't foreshadow terrible times ahead for the atheltic program I dont know what does. yikes. :confused:

Reaction Score
I'm almost certain that there have been conflicts in prior years. My guess is that Diaco simply doesn't want to do it.

Reaction Score
Embarrassing, honestly. Who in their right minds in the Athletic Department thinks not having the signing event is okay? Are you kidding me???

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I'm almost certain that there have been conflicts in prior years. My guess is that Diaco simply doesn't want to do it.

I hope that isnt true - if it is he is probably afraid of being asked the tough question and being called out on NON_ANSWERS unlike what happened last year with Matt and the Horde.

Reaction Score
UConn Football: Making you want to take a sad nap since 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom